Monday 30 July 2012

Rant 1032 / Why Can't Hair For Hope Be Held Just Before My ICTs?

Valve and Blizzard are openly expressing their negative opinions on Windows 8.

...the Windows Store in the Microsoft operating system, which could restrict companies' options to sell their software directly. Microsoft will take a 30 per cent royalty cut of every sale made through this store.

Is this like the iTunes and the iPad and iPhone?
















So cruises have additional discounts when it gets close to the departure dates. I can find a cruise from HK to SG for US$885 right now for 23 Oct by Royal Carribean, or around US$1600 if it's a single occupant, the latter price being inclusive of taxes and whatever.

Yet doing this for a business trip is going to be highly risky. So far it seems possible to book a flight cheaply to HK within the next several days, but I will do another check in the coming peak season. I'm in no hurry anyway.

As for whether it's available for non-US and Canda residents, yes it is. There are only three cruise companies that have such a restriction for US cruise agencies: MSC, Princess and Holland.





















Leaving the starting system to a new one in Evochron was a dangerous thing to do. Though I had a tier 3 hull, as a mining ship I had only tier 1 weapons and shield.

That was not a good idea at all.

Instead of sticking around, I just GTFO as quickly as I could till I reached a friendlier area with only non-hostile ships around that had better technologies.

I quickly spent most of the 3 million I had on a tier 7 hull, tier 6 engine, tier 7 shield, tier 8 cannon, tier 3 laser, tier 2 automatic repair system, tier 5 shield booster and a lot of tier 5 missiles.

Now I feel more secured. Any hostile ships who attack me can still kill me if I'm AFK while mining, but if I don't die before I return, I can focus power into the shields in the specific direction it's hitting me from and run.

If it chases me, I turn on Inertial mode, turbo boost, turn around and fire missiles. When every mining trip I take nets me at least 130k credits each, 24k per missile is perfectly affordable.

Now everything in the Rucker system dies if they shoot at me.

To be fair, it's kinda a newbie area so ships are small and flimsy over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment