Sunday 1 July 2012

Rant 1017 / The Other Day I Had
























Oh wow this manufacturer actually explained to me about wool after I told him I could get 100% lambs' wool sweaters at half the price he quoted for his mercerized-merino-wool-with-acrylic sweaters.

Lambs' wool is soft and fluffy but considered inferior to merino wool because the latter is apparently much lighter.

Nevertheless I did not plan to order sweaters within that price range so I cannot continue with my original order. I already have enough of those from my current suppliers.

His email reply sounds like the sales pitch of a persistent salesman except I actually learnt useful knowledge from him.

I'm only curious about why he is trying so hard. Does he want this deal so badly or did I sound like a big company? No, surely I didn't order enough to be considered a big buyer.


















With this nonsense happening at what is probably the biggest church organization in Singapore (I don't know for sure), I for one am glad that we have nothing like Fox News here among our media.

It is easy to imagine the kind of "news" they would report and together with the fact that the church members are mostly young people, it's just scary to think about what fires it could ignite.

But so far it's fine. Fortunately.



















Just tried this Amethystory facial wash gel stuff from Ginvera. It's a tiny tube of free sample I got some time back and never used until now.

I rarely use facial wash and usually I just get random tubes from Biore. The last one was this black-and-white stuff with tiny beads within.

This Amethystory, however, was quite different. At first, it didn't feel very soapy on my face so I thought maybe my housekeeper sprayed water on it and some of it got into the tube. I mean, my floss has gotten wet before because of her, so this isn't surprising.

Then as I massaged my face with it, my fingers felt lots of stuff on my face gathering the way eraser dust do when you use an eraser on a piece of paper.

Hence came the realization that it didn't feel soapy because it contained a lot of rough stuff inside, kinda like adding soap on sandpaper.

This facial wash is practically liquid sandpaper.
















Finished Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Very nice game, but I noticed the trend that games with such great graphics are becoming fun to watch instead of being fun to play. When playing, I'm usually too focused in the looting, fighting and sneaking to appreciate anything else.

Anyway it was fun trying to get the Ghost award for most of the missions, and at the end I was just using invisibility instead of finesse since I had so many nutrient bars and I had a feeling it was the final part of the game.

When I finished the game, I didn't even use up everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment