Thursday 19 July 2012

Rant 1026 / It Will Not Cease!

The coffee stall owner refused to sell her coffee beans whole.

At first I thought I misheard what she said and that she had also misheard what I said, so she had to repeat herself twice before I knew I heard it right the first time.

What?

How does grinding the beans make any difference as far as her sales are concerned?

Why must she sell her beans in powder form?

This is the first time I am so completely stumped my only guess doesn't even make sense.

And I'm guessing she somehow adds powdered maize as a filler through her grinding machine into the mix and has been doing that all these decades, except...

1) I don't see how the maize can be stored inside without anyone knowing.
2) She weighs the beans before grinding them.

I've never been so puzzled in my entire life.





















Floris mod is awesome but there are a few things that really get on my nerves.

First and foremost, the bugged ladder during sieges.

In my first siege, there were two ladders up the wall and everyone got stuck at the top of the right one.

So while everyone who took the left ladder went on to fight the defenders, everyone on the right ladder (and it was packed like a can of sardines) was little more than target practice for the defending archers.

I didn't lose since I was with the Nords (IMO the best at sieges since they have the best infantry) but I got knocked out while trying to bait the defenders to the stuck soldiers after everyone else got defeated after being outnumbered.

Then there's the clear imbalance after the Nords took two cities from the Vaegirs and one from the Swadians without my aid at all. At the point I was just a simple travelling merchant.

I don't really want to play it anymore, yet the troop upgrade trees continue to draw me back to the game.




















Went to Queensway Shopping Centre where all the shoe stores are only to discover that it's actually the same or even cheaper to buy leather shoes online.

I mean, I found a pair that's almost like my suede shoes except for a shittier outsole and the price tag was almost the same as what I paid in total for my pair.

The problem is that my shoes' price had the delivery included while that pair I found didn't.

I mean, what?

As for the other leather shoes, they were all priced about the same as what I can find during sales at online stores, even the ones that sell branded stuff.

The only benefit of buying at that mall is that I can try the shoes out, but after my current pair of shoes, that doesn't feel so important to me anymore.

I'm just going to wait till a sale happens somewhere and buy a pair.

One better come up soon. I do not want to think about what would happen if I'm forced to go to work on a rainy morning.















Since I can't use the elastic band, I've been using my bro's dumbbells instead. No idea how much the bar itself weighs but the weights are 1.25kg on each side, making the dumbbells 3 to 3.5kg each.

Life after the ICT is so different I have to say I'm now against anything close to abolishing it.

Sometimes, people like myself need a good hard push to go in the right direction, and the last ICT made me see how much I needed to exercise.

This week, I've noticed that I barely break a sweat throughout my trip to the office even after a trip to the market before that.

I went to the market, cooked breakfast, did some light strength training, showered, had breakfast and then went to work.

In the past, the only way I can get to the office without breaking a sweat was if it was a cool cloudy day and I was half-asleep during the journey. Today, I didn't even notice I had forgotten to take a handkerchief until I was halfway through some work at the office.

Fortunately I always keep a spare.

This ICT made this difference that the one last year didn't because I had been much more physically active this time. For several days I had gone beyond my jobscope to help out with the storemen and armskote instead of waiting for work in the office all day. The storemen, in particular, had a lot of heavy stuff that needed carrying.


For now, I'm content with doing about 10-20mins of arm exercises twice or thrice a day. I don't want to end up like the last time I tried and pushed myself so hard I ended up hating it.

On the other hand, I expect to become less fit by the end of this week, but I don't have the motivation to do more.




















The only industry not affected by the flood of Chinese immigrants may be the Hindu and Muslim funeral services.

























 That is nowhere close to enough. Nothing will ever be enough. The silence will not be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment