Thursday 5 July 2012

Rant 1020 / Holding My Breath In Anticipation


 Japan strikes again!

(Hint: it's an upcoming game.)




And again!






















This video is about SquareEnix being desperate for revenue.



















Persona 4 got an anime and Persona 3 is.... getting a movie!

And I have yet to finish both games.

And I don't want to play them in my living room.

And I don't have a TV in my room.
























Accidentally pureed my onions and tomatoes when I made beef bolognese.

My bro had bought a food processor the day before and I was curious about it.

The problem is that I've never used a food processor to chop food before, so I didn't think to throw in everything before switching it on.

At least it was easy to clean.

What's more interesting was that his gf ate an entire soup bowl's worth of cooked pasta. I boiled a whole kilogram of dried pasta and that bowl was about 2/5 of it.

This isn't the first time she ate this much yet her appetite continues to impress me, probably because of her thin frame. I can't eat that much even when I'm starving.



















And I continue to be impressed by my iPad's battery.

For a while I got spoilt by it and didn't bother to close my apps after checking them, like the XE app with which I keep myself updated on the exchange rates of several currencies.

To my surprise, I managed to drain a full battery in less than 48 hours. In comparison, it usually lasts 3 days with about 10-15% battery to spare by the third night.

It turned out that I had like 10-15 apps opened simultaneously in the background by the second day. It was being drained so quickly recharging from the power socket directly was barely moving the battery bar.

So I closed everything except 1 app then left it locked, and within 5 hours it was full again.

















Back to Prophesy of Pendor. Now this is much better. I can pick fights more easily now because the random bandit groups are so aggressive and numerous.

I was only building up my army while searching for good trading routes most of the time. It took a number of reloads since there were quite a few seriously overpowered bandit groups on the map like the Jatu raiders whom I think are some of the best cavalry in the game.

Still, I managed to get enough renown to be invited by one of the kingdoms after some time. To sweeten the deal, he threw in a village as my fief. I've never got this before in the past because I've always had to ask to join the kingdoms.

In fact I was considering creating my own kingdom but decided it wasn't worth all the trading I was going to have to do to get an army large enough for to hold just my first castle.


Aaaaaaaaaaaand the castle it was under got taken by another kingdom, so I have no fief now. What a waste of time :|

No comments:

Post a Comment