Tuesday 17 January 2012

Rant 926 / In The Land Of The Blind, Nobody Wears Clothes But Everyone Wears Lower Body Armour.

Finally went back to Skyrim. Being a sneaky archer is too easy in most situations that do not involve a dragon.

When fighting a dragon, however, I'm just a simple archer.

The dragon sees all!

Anyway, that's not really hard as long as I stock up plenty of food and potions, and make it a point to keep a certain distance away from it.

Even Alduin was easy when I did that.

Meanwhile, I'm observing that Lydia, my NPC companion, is using all sorts of weaponry to aid in my fights, including bows-and-arrows, shield-and-sword, and double magical staves.

Impressive.

As my personal human pack mule, she has access to the entire arsenal of weapons I looted from various dungeons. I just didn't know she could use them all.














So a cashier's order of mine got lost in the mail.

Pretty serious problem.

I was trying to open a Maybank fixed deposit, but first I had to get an iSAVvy savings account.

So I sent the required documents plus this cashier's order sealed within an envelope that's provided by Maybank itself online. I just had to print it out and fold it properly and postage is on the house.

Then it vanished somewhere in the postal system.

I called Maybank last week, and on Friday, they called me to say that they had checked and nothing from me was received.

That was a pretty big issue but I wasn't concerned about the money being stolen. The main issue was that the money must be recovered immediately and I have to set up everything by Chinese New Year if possible.

The payee was myself so no one else could have used it.

On Saturday, I visited the nearest branch of the bank that issued this cheque and it took a bit of explaining and waiting before I was allowed to request for a replacement. I believe having the receipt with me also helped smoothen the process.

Took one working day before they agreed to cancel the old one and issue me a new cheque on the following working day.

And it's going to cost another S$15 on top of the S$10 that I paid for the first cashier's order.

Not really a problem because the interest from Maybank should cover that, but money wasted is still money wasted.

This time, I'm going to Maybank personally to set up everything.














Jagged Alliance: Back in Action turns out to be a remake of the old game.

I like that.

I never completed the original game mainly because the graphics was a big turnoff. However you want to think about it, graphics (and packaging in general) plays a big part in attracting people and keeping their attention.

It doesn't have to be as good as what we have today because that's going to be old in the future.

It just needs to be better than what we had.













How hard can it be to create a FB event?
















Bought some clothes for myself for the first time in my life. In the past, I can seriously wear faded/worn clothes for anything, hence it's always my mum who buys new clothes for me.

Now I need new polo shirts for work. Not button-down shirts because I'm too awesome for that.

Since one shop I'm working with is offering 30% discount for most brands of clothings, I decided to buy some.

I do have some extra shirts in my cupboard but I decided I should buy a few more for two reasons.

First, it's auspicious to buy new pants and probably new shirts for the New Year.

Second, I thought I should get something other than the plain ones that I have and also try out other fabrics at the same time.

In the end, I got two Crocodile shirts for S$180, which is the discounted price.

It was painful but it had to be done.

One was made of "Supima Cotton". It's just American cotton as far as I know. Not sure if I'm supposed to be able to tell the difference between this and the other types.

The other was just mercerised cotton. It looks glossier and feels smoother than normal cotton fabric.

Actually I was shopping around without looking at the price tags. The most important thing to me, initially, was the appearance, or the colour and style.

It was only when the salesperson was searching for the second one for me that I looked and saw that they all exceeded S$100 each.

Stopped there immediately.

Also bought underwear instead of pants to save cost. Both works for the auspicious part.

Now I also got a free pearl for spending over S$50 there. It's quite literally just a pink drop pearl that hasn't been worked on yet and doesn't even come with packaging, most likely because the shop that was giving them away was expecting people to want their pearls in the form of jewellry.

I just took the pearl, rejected all the offers and walked off.

Now I'm not sure what I should do with it. I don't know if it's even real.

Anyway, these shirts better last long.

No comments:

Post a Comment