Monday 16 January 2012

Rant 925 / Winter Has Ended.

Work!

D:

Everybody's closing shop next week, so I've got complete everything before Wednesday.

Tomorrow, Monday, I'm going to be busy.

New goods arrived in Singapore on Saturday, and I was told to expect the delivery tomorrow. Due to the quantity, I'll have to lend a hand to unpack/arrange them.

But I had already booked an appointment with a buyer in the afternoon.

To make things worse, I need a haircut badly. At this rate, I'll be unable to leave for work till 11am.

That's alright, I guess. I'll go for the appointment before going back to help them with the goods. I'll just have to ask if I can go earlier.

I've also begun to catalogue all my goods. I think I'll settle most of the work during the New Year holidays. I won't be having much to do anyway.

I know I should have done this long ago but I didn't realize its importance until now. My mum did tell me to do this months before she was hospitalized but I wasn't informed of its purposes. If I didn't know how many sweaters I have, I can just find the list or ask the workers... or so I thought.

I actually prefer to work alone in the office when they're not around. They love to interrupt me when I'm working in the office.

I kinda miss those days when I can get my holidays to myself, unlike now. These days, I get business calls on weekends regularly. Seriously, nothing is sacred to some people.

Want to get an afternoon nap on Saturday? No, we need to ask if you're going to pay me before Chinese New Year.

Want to have a Skyrim marathon on Sunday? No, I need to check if you've received our latest shipment, and if you have any comments for the samples I sent you earlier.

Want to sleep late on Saturday? No, I need to inform you at eight in the bloody morning that your goods have arrived and we'll be delivering them on Monday.


Then again, I no longer have exams. That pretty much trumps everything I can complain about today.










My bro wants a complete replacement of our air-conditioning system.

D:

Costs over S$2000.

D: D:

I'm far more inclined to spend 10% of that for either a 2nd-hand unit for his room or a repair.

Mainly it's because my unit and the compressor are perfectly fine.

Then again, neither option has worked for long for his room. For some reason his unit's the most problematic one, even though my mum used to switch her's to a lower temperature and higher fan speed.

Maybe I should consider his idea since the cheaper alternatives don't seem to be working very well.

Still, 2k.

If I do buy it, I'll need to ask for an extended warranty if available.














Made more roast chicken again. Same success. So it wasn't by random chance.

Used more rosemary and less basil, and set the temperature to 180 throughout.

Less blackened skin and just as well-cooked. Best of all, still no dry patches of flesh, probably due to the basting.


My bro's gf also made a batch of almond cookies that are really good.

Too bad I can't eat too much of them. Only had two today. Got to compensate for the roast chickens I've been having.

I still need to lose 1 more kilogram by next month to get out of IPT.

No comments:

Post a Comment