Monday 2 January 2012

Rant 917 / Why Can't We Just Shoot The Dragon In The Knee?














So the housekeeper I used to hire first introduced me to her friends who seem to be newbies in this line, then she didn't answer my previous SMS.

Together with the fact that she was often unable to work here due to other commitments, I think she wants to stop this altogether and had been hinting to me that those are her successors of sorts.

Today I SMSed one of them to ask if they could work here this week.

Her language was not what I expected.

I'm her employer (kinda), not her boyfriend.

For example, "sorry" became "sowi" in her replies. And there was a "hehe..."

What the heck?

I only wanted a cleaner. The reason I chose her was because she was the first in years to voluntarily clean my filthy fridge. Not even the original housekeeper was willing to do that unless instructed to do so.

It was so filthy we did not leave anything exposed to the air inside when we stored food there. The mild stench just seeped into everything.

Bringing a friend was okay. She was definitely new to this job and there are only men in this flat ever since my mum moved to the hospice. All that I had to do was make it clear that I'm willing to pay for only one person. Her friend can sit around and watch for all I care, as long as the work gets done properly.












So I bought a translucent glass cup for my candles.

I think it makes a good candle lamp.

The only problem is it lacks a cover and I can't find a similar glass one for it.

Definitely need a cover because my fan makes it flicker too much.

Also bought 12 of these little coin-shaped candles.

I didn't know they smelled like milk candy till I opened the packaging.

Burning these makse me kinda hungry.

Also, how the heck do I stop the final bit of wick from falling and snuffing out when the wax at the bottom melts?


As for the second fondue experiment, I learnt that I cannot just use water. I probably added it too late yesterday, so I didn't see that if I add water to cheese and put it over a flame, it curdles after a while.

By "curdle" I mean the cheese turned into tiny hard bits. Not good.

Apparently, alcohol stops this process or something, so I need some kind of wine.














C&C RA3 might not have been a good game but it definitely had some good music.

No comments:

Post a Comment