Friday 13 January 2012

Rant 922 / The Cracks In The Wall

I feel like giving up.

It was interesting at first but now it's approaching "uninteresting". I'm going to quit before it reaches "work".

They made organzing outings sound like a chore, so I volunteered to see what it's like.

It felt good at first, but my motivation is waning.

I've long come to the conclusion that they aren't particularly interested in outings anymore. Asking them to go out together for anything is like proposing marriage - they've got to think really long and hard about it.

That's not a really bad thing because there are so many of them, but it's tiring to have to consider so many restrictions set by everyone when planning each outing.

The worst part is anything that's wrong or bad isn't pointed out. Nobody bothers to read the whole description of the proposed event. To me, that means they just don't care enough to want to know what we're going to do.

I have the impression that they're joining to please the rest of us, whatever the reasons.

In the end they just play along till things screw up.

Must I handle every single detail?

I'm not some kind of volunteer manager of theirs, am I?

I'm just trying to get friends to go out together.

I'm just trying to keep friends.

Their apparent disinterest is chafing my desire to keep it going.

Perhaps we are just too different.

Perhaps it's time to let go of the past.

At this point in my life, I'm already letting go of plenty of things from my past.

Such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment