Wednesday 15 December 2010

Rant 682 / Scrambling

Divinity 2 is better than I expected after a while. The game took some time before getting to the interesting part, just like most of the RPGs I've played in recent years, but I guess it was necessary to provide a contrast to make the rest of the game appear more fun.

The only problem I have is with the difficulty level. It used to be so hard in the boring part but now battles are easy enough that I don't have to change my armour before entering boss battles. Maybe it was because I spent more points in the Summon skills after maxing the Lockpicking and Wisdom. I don't know.

Anyway now life is simple in Divinity 2. At lv20 I spent 5k to unlearn all skills in order to get my points from the Summon Undead and spend them on Summon Demon. Together with my melee-focused undead creature made by my Necromancer, I basically just stand around and maybe join in when they look like they can't handle the fight. Maybe I should unlearn all skills again and be a bow-user. Nah, it costs 10k this time. Can't afford it.







The LED torch is still working, although it's too dim to have any meaningful purpose other than for sneaking around in the dark without waking anyone up. It's been over 72 hours but the battery just won't go flat! The battery's storage capacity and the LEDs' efficiency are just amazing.










An actual railgun! I didn't think they were still developing it.

A railgun works by using magnetic fields to induce a force on a projectile.

According to the Wikipedia article, a railgun would allow the military to carry less explosives and more ammo. In addition, conventional explosive artilleries have their ranges and projectile speeds limited by the laws of physics.

This is kind of like using a high-end PC to play pirated games. The gun is bloody expensive but the ammo is easy to get. All you probably need is a chunk of metal.

I wonder how they got over the problem with friction and managed to attain the rate of 10 shots/min (1 shot every 6s). Friction has to be a major problem when you're dealing with those speeds (projectiles from a railgun fly faster than a bullet from the M16).

No comments:

Post a Comment