Wednesday 1 December 2010

Rant 672 / Puddi

So today I received a letter supposedly from the Finance Department of Reader's Digest telling me I'll be receiving more documents from them regarding my being a potental winner in their sweepstakes.

After reading the letter and the FAQ card, I really admire their adeptness at psychology. This letter kept telling me I'm likely to win the sweepstakes and the card tells me what is going to happen when I win, as if they're trying to prepare me as a winner. The resulting effect is that it makes me feel like I'm very close to winning and I'll be more willing to do anything to improve my chances.

Except I won't if it costs money, eg require a subscription to continue as a participant. This is what I expect to see in the letters they're about to send me.

I forgive them for being assholes and trying to screw with my mind because, hey, everyone's got to eat, right?








So I found the book for Summons this time. What I found the last time was the card and not the book. Now that I have the skill by using the book, I'm able to summon multiple creatures depending on the level of that skill. And when I summoned 6 Golems at one go, I was like," Oooooooohhhh....." Now I can summon 8 creatures and that's as good as an army in the game.

With a large group of summoned creatures, I observed that enemies no longer head for me all the time. Instead they seem to be attracted to my summons more for reasons I don't really understand. They still go for me though when I try to speed things up with some missile spams.

At this point I've realized that summons in this game aren't meant to work the way I thought it would be. A single summoned creature in Two Worlds 2 is useless apparently and that seems to be part of the game's design. Once the player has about 5 creatures out, enemies begin to get distracted away from the player's character significantly.

With that army, I now need mostly AoE spells to wipe out groups of enemies unless I get hit way too often by them.








Missed the GSL matches yesterday but apparently Foxer aka MarineKingPrime beat his opponent so badly it was compared to an adult bullying a little boy. Anyway I found some interesting pics about him.


Play SC2 MarineKing-style...


MARINES -  FOR EVERYTHING!





 And here are two on SC2 in Korea.




When even politicians mention a computer game, you know it's got to be big.









Jinro's first game was epic. His strategy and handling of FoxMoon's responses was impeccable. I'm pretty sure he did a lot of serious thinking and research on his strategy of early Reaper harassment followed by building tanks and blocking the route to his base with a rax and vf before turtling till late game.

Not to mention he definitely practised a lot on how to avoid banelings since it really helped him win the game when he managed to save almost all his marines from them and in the process rendering most of FoxMoon's banelings useless.

It was the same in the second game. Jinro's placement of structures and his multi-pronged attack of 3-4 bases at one go while sacrificing the defences of his outer bases were epic. Fox was in no way bad or made any significant mistakes but the most he could do was destroy one of Jinro's undefended bases in exchange for 3 (or was it 4?) of his own.

In the end Fox had 0 mineral income while Jinro had 5 bases and there was totally nothing Fox could do with his Mutalisks. Somehow whenever he tried to expand a squad of marines would be there to take it out. It's like Jinro's got some kind of psychic ability. More likely, he's just extremely lucky. For example, he was lucky enough to spot the baneling cocoons early in the game.

Looking forward to seeing Jinro's match in the Ro8.

Boxer lost. It's not surprising at all. The current Boxer is no longer the ingenious tactician that he used to be. In today's match he showed us nothing really outstanding and just makes me think that he doesn't deserve the hype anymore. Perhaps he should seriously consider retirement from the gaming scene before he gets disgraced like Elvis Presley in his later years.

No comments:

Post a Comment