Wednesday 8 December 2010

Rant 677 / Two Worlds 2 Ending Is Somewhat Disappointing.

See?? MarineKing lost because MC found a crazy way to counter marines and MM - psionic storms. That psionic storm spam was incredibly effective against all the bio units. MarineKing was probably wondering if he should change his name at the end when he was looking so glum after the 3rd loss. I'd say that he must - he's too predictable now.

Jinro's match was relatively boring compared to his previous matches, but those games can still be used for educational purposes for all budding Terran players. Simply put, choya was outclassed. Their skill levels were simply too different. I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say choya was both out-microed and out-macroed. As Jinro is the MLG champ this year, I'm starting to have a little more respect for the MLG tournaments.

JINRO "Gorilla Terran" Fighting

If you've been watching all three seasons of SC2 GSL on GOMtv.net you should be able to notice a gradual evolution of gameplay in the game. In Season 1 the Fruit Dealer showed us the might of the Baneling/Zergling combo while in Season 2, we saw TLO's nukes used as a viable offensive tactic. Now, Season 3 features Psionic Storms used by MC and Pylon spam used by HongUn.

What will we see next in the semifinals and final match?

What will we see in Season 4?

Disclaimer: I might have missed certain things since I haven't played SC2 for quite some time now.

Also, I haven't been watching it on GOM since it skips a lot like a horribly scratched CD. Instead I'm watching it on several channels rebroadcasting the stream hosted by several Taiwanese guys. Somehow they receive the stream much more smoothly from GOM and I get to brush up on my Chinese there. Still hearing proverbs that I didn't understand though   T.T







Assange's in jail. His charges are just part of the smear campaign in response to the leaks by Wikileaks and it's obvious when it was mentioned that one of the four women sued only because he refused to wear a condom while they had sex.

Lawyer Gemma Lindfield, representing the Swedish judicial authorities, said the extradition case contained allegations of four sexual assaults by Assange against two women in Stockholm in August 2010. One charge over Miss A is that Assange "sexually molested her" by ignoring her request for him to use a condom when having sex with her.

I hope at least one of them has evidence for his/her side of the story though. Seriously, how is anyone going to prove whether or not a condom was used, unless Assange is still holding the disgusting rubber bag of fermented come while the woman has... I don't know, traces of his DNA still on/inside her after all this time?

If that's the case, shouldn't Assange be the one worried about diseases then??

Meanwhile, everyone in the courtroom is about to listen to some real life erotica.

So technically, Julian Assange is an international criminal wanted by the Interpol for having sex without a condom.









This blog is getting 10 times as many views from the US as those from Singapore this week.







As much as I like my home for its size and location, I must say I'm also worried about its age. Not because of the lease but because old flats have their own problems too. I've seen my maternal grandmother's flat in Hong Kong, which my grandparents had bought like half a century ago. It's ugly and full of age-related problems like cracking walls, ancient wiring and irreparably damaged piping. Contractors have been hired before and the most honest one told my uncle that the best he could do was give it a cosmetic makeover.

Of course if we look carefully at Singapore's current trend, we can tell that we won't be reaching that stage in the future. Instead, this block will probably be sold back to government to be demolished and the land used for newer buildings, while we are given another flat of lower value nearby.

This presents to me and my brother a problem that most won't encounter. The current flat is still under my mother's name, but like I've mentioned before, she is not destined for longevity. When she goes, it will be under both our names.

However, when the government gives us a new replacement flat, what happens then?


After reading some pages on the HDB website, I found that there is this Orphan Scheme which apparently means that my bro and I can get the new flat under our names after all, if he isn't legally married by then. If he is, all three of us can get the new flat under the Public Scheme.

The latter will require some discussion. As a bachelor below the age of 55, I won't qualify for any public housing alone, which means I must rent if I don't get the flat with them. That will suck. I'd prefer very much to get a room for free for the rest of my life (legally half or a third of the flat) to receiving a big sum of cash that comes with a permanent money drain.

I know my bro won't mind since he's the "anything" sort of person, but I know too little about his girlfriend to make an educated guess. Potentially large problem here.







Some old players who had left Empires (HL2 mod) a long time ago returned recently. Now, a few players are reusing old strategies to win games and making me feel nostalgic. One instance was when someone told the comm to drop a vf and then got an APC, then told everyone to get it.

With the full APC, he drove us to the enemy bases shouting, "PAAARTYBUS!!" and wiped out everything. Reached early expansion base, get out, destroy everything, get back in, reach enemy main, wipe out opposing team except the comm, get back in, chase enemy commander vehicle, gg.

I have not seen such an organized partybus rush in quite some time. All that was missing was the Indiana Jones music spam.

I don't know why those vets came back. It may have to do with the devs finally working on the aircrafts. As far as I can tell from watching their tests, the aircrafts still can't fly straight and there are only one or two models completed.

Still some time before we finally get aircrafts in the mod. By then, I have no idea if it will still be alive. Right now we barely have enough to fill a 63-player server. Usually it's just up to 50+ players.







Starhub did call back. Except they called my bro again. I am not amused.

So my bro handed it to my mum since the accounts are all under her name and in the end we decided to cancel whatever it was they thought we did and just get my recontract from the shops outside.

The online store is supposed to be more convenient yet it turned out to be more troublesome than anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment