Sunday 5 December 2010

Rant 675 / Unred

Now that the week's ended, this feels like a more accurate view of my stocks value. I don't know why but it just feels that way.

AND I'M OUT OF THE RED!



Total profit is $1.6k. Cisco and Baidu continues to head south but everything else just went up. What's with the sudden rise of confidence this week? Is it because the vote for the US budget-saving plan was not successful? And that people knew this would happen since days ago?






Some American judge is openly suggesting that lesbians should be raped till they're straight. It's not just appalling, it's stunning that a respectable high-ranking civil servant who apparently is also a writer for other papers(?) can even think of rape as a positive act. Worst of all is that he's a judge, of all things.

Meanwhile a Pakistani imam is offering a bounty on the head of an illiterate Christian woman who was accused of blasphemy against Islam.Whatever his intentions are for doing that, it certainly helps to reinforce certain politically incorrect stereotypes in everyone's mind.

And let's not forget Ven. Ming Yi who recently had a very expensive gala dinner to celebrate his promotion or whatever it's called in Buddhism.

Still missing several major religions.

Can some Jewish and Taoist leaders please do something that does not conform to our public morals?







They gave me a blue tag again just now when I went for RT. So I immediately told them it was impossible since I failed all stations (I didn't even try. Just ask HX what I do during IPPT if you're in the BC.) and my BMI is over 29. In the end they handed me a green one.

When it was over, I went to the clerk to check to see if it was permanently changed. Turns out it wasn't. So I asked him if he could do that or if I could talk to someone who could. The answer was still "No."

Gah!

What I could do, according to him, was to talk to the PTI at the beginning of every session to join the green tags.

Other than my disinclination to discuss my overall fitness in front of a whole bunch of strangers, I also do not want to slow down the queue for the sake of my personal comfort. It's not considerate, seriously. If they could simply change the colour in the system, things can go smoothly for the rest of the month.

Hence my email to the NS website's email address.






Didn't know until now that it's so easy to check my handphone contract expiry date with Starhub. Only need to dial 1633, then hit 1 four times before entering the IC number followed by the date of birth.

Another thing I learnt just now is that I have no contract with Starhub anymore. Time to pick a new phone.

...

I'm sooooo outdated in terms of handphone knowledge. Didn't expect to see a phone like the Nokia E5 being offered for free for the usual 2-year contract. Looks like I might get it but I should probably keep looking in the papers till Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Hey man/woman, boy/girl, you write a really interesting and funny blog.
    Found it by looking for a picture, but anyways, your title, subtitle and description cracked me up!

    Hope you post more stuff.

    ReplyDelete