Monday 22 June 2009

Rant 377 / Feed

My desktop is hawt! This is a double entendre referring to its specs and its heat-production capabilities. Normally if I sleep with the air-conditioner turned on, after I turn it off in the morning I keep both my doors (1 exit and 1 bathroom entrance) and windows shut for as long as it's cooler than the outside.

Now a few hours after I switch off my air-conditioner and after I switch on my desktop, a quarter of the room where the back of the computer is facing becomes warmer than the rest of the room. Except the area near the window because the curtains absorb all the incoming heat from the Sun.

In fact, I can close all my doors until the evening only on rainy days because even on cloudy days, it just isn't cool enough. My room isn't airtight so when the days are warmer, my room heats up faster. Now I can only shut the doors for up to 4 hours after switching off the air-conditioner on a cloudy day.

On sunny days it is much worse. I need a tub (shallowly filled with water to prevent accidents involving water splashes and live electrical circuits) and a small towel to cool myself as I play, even though the windows and doors open to improve ventilation. I can't let the air-conditioner remain on for 24 hours straight because my mum's the boss and I'm not working. Where money is involved, I have little say. Not that I'm complaining because staying in a warm room beats working and gaining financial independence hands down. =D

So right now the best way to cool off for me is to take showers. But that is too much effort for only half an hour of relief, so I'm sticking to towel and tub method. It's just like cleaning myself with the wet towel throughout the day.

I'm also thinking of hanging a small wet towel near the largest ventilator at the back of the computer, but I'll need a small container to keep it wet ( I don't want to wet the towel manually every hour). Which means I need to think up a mechanism that also allows easy change of towel and can be hung easily on the computer (maybe).

I'm not sure about the effectiveness of a wet towel to cool the warm wind blowing out of the desktop and I'm concerned about the possibility of rust on the back of the casing.








Another Fallout 3 video.



I can't believe I fell for this.








An American woman was fined $1.92 million for illegally downloading 24 songs
. The hammer of copyright justice strikes again! Downloading $0.99 songs on Kazaa is wrong and she should have known it. Down with vile single-mother-pirates! The word of RIAA is law; resistance is futile! Even mothers struggling alone to feed four children cannot go unpunished.

In this case, they're already showing her mercy by:
1) ignoring the thousand other files that she had downloaded.
2) fining her $80k per song instead of the maximum of $150k.

She could have been fined billions of dollars, enough to allow the RIAA to buy an island or two and form its own sovereign state. Countries have been created with less! But no, they only gave her a slap on the wrist by fining her a mere pittance. What magnanimous people they are! I cannot imagine why anyone would want to oppose them!

All those people who dabble in software piracy needs to learn the consequences of their evil deeds. Downloading files through Kazaa is always wrong and software pirates will end up suffering in the depths of Hell or reincarnate as a bacteria in a dead elephant's yeast infection, depending on their religion. God, Allah, Buddha,Yahweh, the Jade Emperor and the RIAA forbid file-sharing and everyone should heed their words.

Die, file sharers, DIE!

No comments:

Post a Comment