Tuesday 16 June 2009

Rant 372 / Teenagers Below 16 Should Be Kept Away From The Mic When Gaming Because They Shout Too Much

Lead is used in many plastic products to increase durability. However, many children's toys contain dangerous amounts of lead, especially those made in China. That is just the tip of the iceberg. Apparently, it is not safe for children under 6 to use many Chinese plastic products, even backpacks and lunch boxes. At least, some people see it that way.

So the next time you pack lunch for children, you may want to wrap it in foil wrap before you put it in an imported plastic container.

Paint, too, may contain lead. In addition to increasing durability, lead helps the paint dry faster and acts as a pigment for it. There are laws in the EU and the US that ban paints containing this additive, but the PRC might be a different story. Even if there are similar laws there, chances are they use the cheaper lead illegally in order to maximise profits. I mean, since they dare to mix industrial alcohol, water and grape juice then sell it as wine, then using lead illegally isn't exactly unimaginable.

And yes I know I was wrong.










I think I just received my last straw. My computer crashed while I was playing Empires. It wasn't burning my palms when it stopped working because I had my air conditioner turned on and it was 3am.

It was the sort of crash that repeats the last bit of sound continuously and pressing the usual combinations of keys produce no response whatsoever. The only thing I could do was to hold my power button for 10s to force a shutdown.

This is it. My laptop is asking me to get a new computer. I wasn't planning to buy it tomorrow because I'm not sleeping well and I may make a bad decision, if I need to make any last minute ones tomorrow.

And too bad for the engineer I was covering who was building a refinery; I was firing at an enemy when I crashed.

No comments:

Post a Comment