Wednesday 3 June 2009

Rant 364 / 5 Games

Natural Selection 2 is going to be out in this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They've released only a teaser and some concept art so far, which is kind of disappointing. Therefore even though they're allowing pre-orders now, I'm not going to buy it yet. I need more info and they can't produce them because the alpha version isn't out yet. However the teaser does contain what the Onos and Marines are going to look like in the game since it's made using the game.

Believe it or not, this game's made by just 2 guys, Charlie and Max. The programming anyway. They hired the same guy who helped them in the original NS to make their concept art and another guy to make their music.

Anyway here's the teaser. Go to full screen mode and turn on HD quality for maximum impact.












Meanwhile, Left 4 Dead 2 will be coming out at about the same time as NS2. This will be a full sequel with a new story, new weapons and items, new zombies and new protagonists. And a new price, of course. No discounts for owners of the original L4D. I bet all those people who pre-ordered L4D would feel cheated. I'd always expected free additional content for the game, but a new game?

If the original isn't going to be expanded upon, then it really wasn't worth the price. So I'm not going to buy L4D2 unless it has more maps than the original. Anyway, here's the teaser.

">




And after that will come Mass Effect 2.









In other news, FFXIV will be another MMORPG. At the rate this is going, FF XX isn't impossible at all.

Anyway, this really sucks. Even though FFXIV probably won't be as much a failure as FFXI, I still won't pay to play these online games.

FFXIII will be on PS3, which I have little reason to buy. Hence I'll not play this game too unless it is ported to PC. I do feel a little uncomfortable knowing there is a good game I'm deliberately missing that I want to play, but the PS3 is seriously overpriced IMHO. SGD500+ for the console is not worth the few games that it offers.





And now for something completely different.


No comments:

Post a Comment