Friday 6 March 2009

Rant 317 / A Short One

This is infuriating! I screwed up big time in Fallout 1!! Because I've been relying on the Quicksave function so much, I haven't used the normal save function in a long time. It's so convenient! Normal save requires me to confirm I want to overwrite the previous save file, then confirms the name of the save. Quicksave is just pressing F6! But Quickload is F7, so here is the major problem.

In a random map encounter with some Super Mutants, one of the monsters killed one my of NPC buddies with one attack. So I reloaded... not. Instead of pressing F7 I accidentally hit F6, saving this state over my last save.

So Katja is now permanently dead. My other last save was 5 months (game world time) before. Fuck that!!! I know they're going to die sooner or later because all NPCs don't level up and are therefore fragile after a while but I want to level up to about 20 before losing all my minions.

The combats are actually pretty hard because I had expected to be able to buy obscenely powerful weapons and armours. Instead, the best armour in the game, the Power Armour, doesn't give as much protection as its counterparts in Fallout 3! So my charismatic genious trader isn't exactly useful in this Fallout. Argh! I'm going to set the combat difficulty to easy from now on...







Citigroup shares break the $1 mark! Time for a lot of people the spam the "PANIC!" button. On the other hand, it may also be a good time to BUY Citigroup shares, if you think it will recover soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment