Saturday 27 September 2008

Rant 189 / "What can't be changed must be accepted. What can't be accepted must be changed."

It turns out that the Imperial Army is so easy to kill. They have weak infantries and just about every military unit the Blood Ravens have are anti-infantry. So wiping them out was quite easy for me.





Somehow the Amocan brand's Satay Chicken tastes like combat rations to me. Might be because it is quite bland. Nevertheless I will never try it again. Edible, but not exactly something I want to eat often. Well, as can foods go, it may be one of the better ones, ranking above the Minced Pork and Bamboo Shoots in the Under $2 category.






Why do people see it impolite to accept gifts? YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO FUKKEN TAKE IT! What the fukken hell am I supposed to do with it? Not that any of my gifts had ever been rejected, but I can imagine what it'd be like if someone buys an expensive gift and gets rejected. And usually, this gift is of no use whatsoever to the buyer. So wtf man? If it's rude to accept a gift, then it's even worse to reject it stubbornly.

Just take it.












Sunset. The first photo looks like there is a volcano among the trees. The others look as if the sun is setting among the trees, or that the real trees behind the window are almost invisible or look like clouds. Seems quite interesting to me, so I took a few shots.




Running out of rice. Oh no! Will need to buy more from JP's NTUC soon. Been eating rice instead of porridge too often. :(



Girls who act cute the japanese way. Holy fuck! I never thought people can be so cute that they reach the point of being disgusting. And check out Mririan and applemilk1988 on youtube. Damn. One of them made a gravure vid (basically a video of her doing stuff in sexy outfits) while the other is one of the most popular person on youtube. Guys seem to love it, except me. Am I gay?

Or maybe I'm just too obsessed with the truth, while they're prime examples of walking lies.




Why am I sweating so much? I'm not dripping, but my scalp feels wet everytime I touch it. Gah! I hate the sweating. No idea why it's happening, but it totally distracts me all the time when I go out.





My TMC Welfare Officer has quit her job! Oh no! Not surprising, since her schedule is pretty busy and ends quite late on Thursdays. Too bad. But now I have to handle the food myself! Fortunately my day ends early on Thursdays, so I can take it. Just don't like it though.

Despite the fact that our club is bursting with new members, they don't seem too keen on doing anything except speaking. In fact, almost no one wanted a place in the Exco. WTF? Last year they had to choose among about 10 of us for the 3 extra Exco vacancies. This year, they had to call people who had shown interest but did not go for the interview. And no one wants to be in the Logistics Subcomm, ie my slaves, this year. What on earth happened this year? It's like no one gives a damn about the halls for their next year!




Generally, a meal costs me $3.50 in the food court. Usually it's $2.80 for food and $0.70 for a drink. Sometimes, I get a second drink after the meal. I'm a thirsty guy after all the sweating. But in hall, I'm usually too lazy to climb the stairs just for a meal, so I'd cook some rice in my room and down it with some canned food.

Canned foods that I buy usually cost $2 or less. Rice, I estimate to cost $0.40 each. $4 for the bag of rice, split into about (estimated) 10 meals. If I can make myself eat porridge, which I can do when I have no mood to enjoy my food, I use about $0.20 worth of rice. Water and electricity is free with the hostel bill.

Oh shit, haven't paid William yet! LOL would you believe I don't know how to transfer money into another's account? I've never done it before. In fact, I've never needed to touch my account other than to loan my mum some cash to order goods. So all I know is how to withdraw large amounts of cash. I don't even bother with updating my bank booklet or whatever it's called.

Like why would I care, as long as I know there is enough money there? One can say that I'm easily satisfied in life, since I don't want to "make it" or "be successful". If I hadn't met certain people in my life, I'd have been satisfied with living in a room with my computer all day and making money off farming in MMORPGs. If I invest the little bit of money I have in my savings account into a investment policy with some insurance companies, I can easily live off the combination of internet income and interests.

I used to be quite confident that no matter what, I will not be a poor man. At the very worst, I can give tuition full-time to survive. All I used to care about is to live comfortably, which is defined as "no manual labour".

Now I want something more. It's like something is missing. Maybe I should go do some volunteer work. I can volunteer to pull plugs in hospitals, to save the doctors the trouble of feeling guilty for killing some vegetables. Or any other form of euthanasia.

Or I can perform abortions for Roman Catholic gynaecologists, since it's quite against their religion.






Was reading about the news about Somali pirates who took an Ukranian ship containing 33 tanks and "substantial amount of ammunition", which made me read about Somalia. Turns out Somalia is really in a state of anarchy. Some experts argue that Somalia is a real example of an anarchy, because it has no effective central government, even though it is recognized by many countries outside.

In fact, the main form of protection and judicial system is in the tradition tribal system. Their currency is also.. currencies. They do not have one currency, but three.

But incredibly, there are evidences showing that the living conditions of the people have improved since the country descended into anarchy! Their living standards even rank above some of the other African nations that have a centralised government. Still shitty, but not the worst. Wow, they are probably comparing it with Zimbabwe.

2 comments:

  1. haahahahha..the money transfer can come anytime la.. no hurry.. or if really cannot cash will do.. jus give them to me when im back..heheh..

    anw to transfer money, after u insert ur atm card, go under 'more transactions' then later select ur acc type(most ppl are posb savings) and select my account type(posb savings) then type in my acc number and confirm, then viola! money transferred..ahhaaha

    ReplyDelete