Sunday 7 September 2008

Rant 177 / Get Old Or Die Trying!

Notice a sudden reduction of pictures in here? Since I lost my collection of pictures, I can only use those that I have recently found. And now that I'm no longer entering /b/ at all, and not visiting 4chan much in general, I no longer have many new pics to use.



Argh! Why can't more people be as good in English as I am? I'm not saying my proficiency in English is good, but fuck, at least I can say I'm pretty decent in it. Fuck! My Tech Comm group leader shows the group a news article on a "solar plant in Singapore" and the rest of the group, after reading the bloody thing, still thought that we're going to have a solar power plant here!

Fuck!! HILARIOUSLY ANNOYING! Fuck!

Then next time they read an article on a "microchip plant in Singapore" they better think we're suddenly able to produce electricity using microchips... probably by burning them or something.

Fuck!

I wanted to laugh and, at the same time, kill someone when one guy asked," So we're going to use solar power in Singapore?"

Fuck!

The article did mention it was a plant that produced solar panels! I'd understand if they misunderstood after scanning the title, but THEY'RE STILL MISUNDERSTANDING AFTER PRETENDING TO READ THE ARTICLE!

Fuck!

Now I'm fucking editing the whole motherfucking proposal for them. And seriously, what's with their common fetish for word repetitions? Do they get some sort of highs each time they see the words "energy" and "consumption"? For goodness sake, l2thesaurus! (l2 = learn to)

Fuck!

And they dare to imply that MY command of english was inadequate!

Fuck!

"What is 'car exhaust'?"

FUCK!

AND YES, THAT WAS AN EXACT QUOTE!

Fuck!

"'Crude oil is running out.' 'Running out' sounds funny leh."

FUCK!

I hope you can see why I'm cursing so much in this part of the rant.

Fuck!

This is how I release all the curses I hold back in during the course of the day.

I can't fucking believe how fucking amazing some fucking university fucking undergrads can fucking be in their fucking English. Seriously, read some damned books!

Btw, they're LOCALS!



Real life can sometimes be funnier than fiction.



And wow, now this guy, who volunteered to finish the essay for us, threw in a whole load of numbers without giving me a clue on where he got them. For all I know, he could have just pulled them out of his ass! How am I supposed to list the references now??

Pouring oil into fire gives you a bigger flame.

Pouring shit into fire gives you burnt shit.



Why did he type that solar energy is cheap and affordable?!?! OMFG! Where the fucking hell did he get that idea from?!?! If it's so cheap and affordable, won't Sg be the first to spam solar panels everywhere?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment