Saturday 6 September 2008

Rant 176 / Live For Tomorrow Like There's No Tomorrow

Spore hasn't even been released in Singapore, yet it has already been uploaded into several torrent sites! Talk about efficiency! And this is one reason why filesharing is so popular. How can we hate those uploaders for causing game companies to make less money?? It's like having a Starbucks next to a neighbourhood coffee shop, and the coffee shop owner hates Starbucks for attracting all their customers away.

They just suck! Adapt, assholes. Start selling your games online and make it easy to buy and download. Since it's usually faster to download from local servers, store owners can get their stores online and sell downloadable games using local servers. In fact, you can always make torrents with private trackers, which come with their own unique passwords for each IP so that other people using the same torrent cannot download the file.

Seriously, wake the fuck up and recognize that downloadable media is the only future in the long term. Everything else is going to become outdated, like vinyl records and cassette tapes.

Plus it's greener.




Spent quite a bit tonight. At least I have this black chocolate. 85% cacao. I don't even dare to hold it for more than 5 seconds because I'm not planning to finish it quickly... by licking it from the paper.

So, from $173.30 on Fri morning, I now have $58.40. Cab fares took about $40. The meal tonight took $20. Where did the $104.90 go?

Spent about $40 on groceries. About $15 on meals on Fri. $12 on a haircut. That's $60.

$40 to go.

$5 on chocolates just now.

Well I can't remember where I spent the rest of the $35 on, but heck, I need less than $30 to survive the week anyway.




Fixed a few holes in the window netting with some paper patches. Tried using tape, but it doesn't stick. Probably due to a lack of surface area on the net. So I used some staples to hook them on the net. The only way to remove them is to push them up gently, so it won't be easily blown away. But persistent insects can probably still push through the gaps. They'll have to be pretty lucky too.

Nifty, huh?






Just realized how horribly expensive the tissue paper sold at Broadway is. For a packet of 8 pieces, it costs us 20 cents. A large bag of 16 packets containing 10 pieces each sold at Shop N Save costs a dollar.

Fukken pwned.

I must acknowledge the fact that I'm very ignorant about the prices of many foods and daily necessities. Heck, I didn't even know that to pay $7 for a 1-litre tub of honey is considered expensive when compared to syrups.

Someday during the holidays I shall make some bisque. Maybe using those frozen prawns with the shells removed. BTW, bisque is pronounced BISK.





After listening to Ed recommending IET, I've decided to find out more about NTU's IET. Checked their website and as I expected, their FOC is over. So I emailed their membership guy about their plans and events for the year and how to join just in case I want to. It's only 10 pounds sterling per annum anyway, way cheaper than TMC, which charges a whopping $50 per semester. Plus I'm not planning to join their committees so I won't attend everything, just those networking sessions.





How can a guy heading for a degree without honours get his GPA up to second upper? With straight A's. According to my calculations, if I score straight A-'s for all my modules this year, I will make it to a lousy 3rd class. Every semester of straight A-'s will pull me up by about 0.6, so the earliest I can get a 4.5 is in year 3, semester 1. So, I shall see if working my ass off without any gaming but DoTA will get me straight A-'s.

No comments:

Post a Comment