Saturday 20 September 2008

Rant 186 / I'd Say I'm Insane, But That'll Be Crazy!

Minori Restaurant at UE Square and Ikoi Restaurant at Miramar Hotel. Both at $30+ range. Minori was founded by one of the husband of the founder of Hanabi, so they're probably quite similar. But according to some reviews they have a larger variety.

Not much info about Ikoi though. Some blog posts but not many actual reviews on websites.





Every memory is a treasure. An epic tale is lost with every human death. A tragedy. Perhaps my camera will make a difference.







The fact that my pics are often blurry is due to my shaky hands. After taking over 250 photos in one outing with an actual digital camera, I realized the extent of my shittiness. Heck, I deleted about half the photos I took, a few of them could have been memorable. Alas, they were pretty bad.

Nevertheless, it was fun taking the pics. Faces can hide, but the camera always reveals. The truth is right there, but no one can catch everything they encounter. That is where my camera, with its Continuous Shot function, comes in.

Sad though, about that 100+ deleted photos.





Warhammer 40k is a pretty nice game. The Blood Ravens, the Human race that the original game used for its whole campaign, are so freaking strong in its 2nd expansion, the Dark Crusade.

I tried to attack the main Necron army with its 7 Honour Guards, using my army with its 1 puny Veteran Space Marine Honour Guard. I took less than half the map's resources before I was attacked. The first units attacked me and I thought: What the hell, I'm t3h pwnage! I cannot lose in a 1v1 (in terms of squad) match! Bring it on.

And the Necrons did. The first squad was like the harbinger of doom, with almost a dozen units following, at first more infantries and a Commander, then tanks. And being ignorant as I was with the Necron's abilities, it took me a while to realize why I was barely able to keep them away from my base even though their units were much weaker - some of their units and their Commander do not die permanently!

Fortunately, I held them off long enough to get some my artillery and heavy tanks out. Took quite a bit of smashing buttons repeatedly. Unfortunately, one of their biggest structure/tank unit, the Necron Monolith was at the halfway line of the map and approaching my base. Seriously, the HP of that thing was OMFGWTFRUN!!!!

I had to send everything I had against it. Even though my elite infantries were all in, it took some time to actually reach the Monolith. The Necron has this cool ability of turning the main Commander unit into some kind of godlike special unit for a period of time. And it took some time to overcome this unit to reach the Monolith, which could attack us itself with that huge cannon or something.

But kill it I did, and I thought I won the game with the defeat of its greatest unit.

No, that was not true. I had to post several squads and tanks around the dead tanks and Commander to keep them dead. And I had to slowly take their resources one by one with my elite infantry squads until I reached their base. And luckily, Terminator Squads are the shit when it comes to pwning units that do die permanently.

Just sending 2 units of Terminator Squads, 1 ranged and 1 melee, into the enemy base was enough to wipe them all out. Of course, my main Commander had this Ion-Cannon-like ability which helped a lot. We all have some cool stuff after all.

And I won despite what I had expected. Luckily for me the AI was stupid enough not to force their revived units to retreat and regroup. If they had, I probably wouldn't have made it. It took everything I had, including my elite tanks and infantries maxed to their population limits, to hold off the attacks. If they had another Monolith coming, I'd have lost. And I'd have to load the game and play yet another long round.

Fun, though. I love defending.

No comments:

Post a Comment