Thursday 11 September 2008

Rant 180 / Would You Like To Buy A Bowel?

In the end, I slept at 7am that night. Came back at about 6pm, showered and etc. Slept at 7pm. Woke up at 12am again, just like all those times before. Check email and etc till 3am and slept again.

Wtf is with 12am? Why must I wake at 12am? Everytime I sleep at least 2 hours before 12, I will always wake at 12. And feel as if it's the morning, the sort of feeling you get when you wake up in the holidays with no reason to wake you up other than that you've slept enough and can't go back to sleep anymore.

Gah!

I'm a night person.





Now I have 2 extra trash bags for paper and plastic trash. So that makes a total of 3 trash bags on my table. Now making chicken-flavoured rice. Half a cup of rice with about half a teaspoon of chicken stock.




Some speakers are so confident, but their speeches lack structure. Others have the structure, but no outstanding idea. And there are others yet who have the idea and structure but can't pronounce english words properly.

This is what I observed in the club level Humourous Speech and Evaluation Contest just now. That was so sad when one judge came up and mentioned something in his speech that was not exactly the way the speaker had said. Revealed to everyone the extent of incomprehensibility that guy's pronunciations were. He had such funny ideas, but if the judge are the ones who couldn't understand what he said, what does it matter if the rest of us were laughing hard?

Another spoke like a seasoned Toastmaster, but the structure of her speech was chaotic, jumping from one topic to another with no obvious link in between. The jokes were funny, but in the end, the speech lacked a general meaing. It was like a chain of short stories, and we're not actually looking for a stand-up comedian.

Sad that all the participants in this Humourous Speech category were all new to TMC. Where did all the seniors go?






Joined IET just now, signed up for one year membership. Haven't got the receipt, but I'll be getting it on the next event I attend.







Our TMC is taking drastic measures yet again this year and has rejected all new applications since last week. Everyone who is interested in joining us will not get to join till next semester, unless he/she is VERY enthusiastic or is an old member who left the club for a while. "VERY enthusiastic" here refers to being willing to join the Exco next year. We're all looking out for successors.

I believe over 20 people were rejected this year. Probably fewer than last year. This is the only club I know of that rejects people purely due to population limits. Strangely enough, our Tuesday counterpart isn't bursting with new members. We rock! :D

I'd suggested the creation of yet another TMC on another day, but we do not have enough devoted seniors to create a new Exco. Too bad.






I didn't expect such strong reactions when I suggested to go drink after Saturday's Area level contest. I was jokingly suggesting that, but one guy exclaimed," You sure?!" while the other said," Okay! By the time it finishes by 5.30 we should be able to make it in time to Holland V for happy hour!"

I was speechless. What's so fantastic about pubbing? It's just not my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment