Tuesday 9 September 2008

Rant 179 / It's Only Words, But Words Are All I Have,

A girl asked me why I'm not willing to participate in the Club level Humourous Speech and Evaluation Contest. I replied," I'm shy." It was meant to be an honest answer that sounded like a humourous sarcastic remark. She was supposed to laugh and get the hint that she wasn't going to get a straight answer from me.

She stared at me with her mouth open.

20 years old and still filled with all that innocence that I used to have so long ago. What nostalgia! Almost makes me wish I'm a kid again.

We had joy, we had fun,
we had seasons in the sun.
But the wine and the song
like the seasons have all gone.






Almost 5am and I'm still alive. I thank my gaming days for allowing me to know what to expect when I go for more than 24 hours without sleep. I woke at 12pm, so it's almost 17 hours without sleep now. I don't expect to be able to finish my lab report for another hour, so I will probably be staying up till 6am. Fuck the morning lectures. It's not like I care about the Maths lectures. I don't understand whether I listen or not anyway.

But I will have to go for the 11.30am lecture. Taking 10.30am to be my waking time, the estimated time I have for sleep will likely be 4.5 hours. 10.30-11am will be spent trying to get out of bed. Yea, I take that long when I don't get enough sleep.

Not that bad. I may still survive long enough to complete my lab session later in the afternoon.

Now back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment