Wednesday 22 May 2013

Rant 1138 / DA3 Better Be Good

Just completed Dragon Age 2. I had left it unfinished months ago but never deleted the game. Decided yesterday that I would go back.

So I did and today I realized I wasn't too far away from the end. Although I couldn't remember what went on before other than a vague memory of the main plot, it didn't really matter. Took only a few battles to get warmed up again and it was like I never stopped. Other than the side plots because those I still can't fully remember.

Now I see why it was not popular. The main plot was truly underwhelming and the ending was just a cliffhanger. There wasn't even more to the game after Varric finished his story!

The system wasn't all that bad. Takes some time and some logic to figure out how to use the Tactics system properly so I guess it really didn't appeal to casual gamers.

Now waiting for DA3.




















I must have been bored out of my mind ever since I finished DA2 and quit Neverwinter because I'm actually finding Might and Magic 6 fun!

Right now, I've just completed the nearby abandoned temple and I learnt through trial-and-error that I should not turn in the quest for the disciple of Baa's candelabra. I had actually turned it in initially since it was such an easy quest but later noticed everyone appeared to hate me when I try to talk to them. One of the NPCs mentioned I had a BAD reputation so I checked and saw that my average reputation has indeed been destroyed and the only significant thing I had done by then was that I completed that quest.

Reloaded immediately and ignored that guy ever since.

Anyway, this is the first time I've gone this far in MM6. There is a vague memory of going much further in another MM game, probably 7 or 8, but never for MM6. Other than not remembering the entire abandoned temple dungeon, I also thought I could change the race of my characters. Now I believe race is only an option in 7 or later.

...

Time really passes quickly when I play this game. 






















Ordered again from the online wholesaler.

This time, I ordered minimal fresh food and just stuck with processed food.

Having 3 straight days of chicken nuggets and wedges was awesome. Now I've only got 1kg of crinkle-cut fries and 2kgs of pork sausages. As for fresh food, I ordered 2kgs of whole chicken legs and 2kgs of pollock fillets.

I also realize now that the fillets were not particularly cheap at $6 per kg. Apparently NTUC Fairprice is selling them at $5.

Anyway the pollocks were the bad choices this time. There was such a heavy lye taste I had to rinse them before cooking, and even then I had to add seasoning to cover the lye taste.

From now on, I think I'll just stick with chicken legs and order nothing but processed food from them.

















Just recalled I have an ice pack in my freezer that I had used last year. Now I'm reusing it since it's getting really hot again. At over 30 degrees Celsius every night in my room, my air conditioner has also been very tempting.

However, I've so far been able to resist temptation unless it hits 32 degrees.

As for daytime, I'm using the ice pack rolled in a towel to slow down release of the coldness. No need for water parades with ice water now.

No comments:

Post a Comment