Wednesday 1 May 2013

Rant 1133 / Shipping Pigs

Spider queens :(

Died on day 61. Froze to death while running from the spider queen. Contrary to what I read on the wiki, I can't set it alight. Neither do the warrior spiders get trapped by my test trap.

I was only trying to farm spiders for webs by luring them into my traps. Totally didn't expect them spider queens that came crawling out of the nests.

The first one, I managed to lure it to a pig town and then ran away. The second queen was the one that caused my death. Unfortunately I had spent the second touch stone when I accidentally froze to death a few days earlier while trying to mine for stones far away.

I need to try out the combat more instead of building a gigantic farm.

Also read about the adventure mode. I'll try that once I get used to the combat.



























I like the trailers, particularly the pun-filled release trailer.. Not so sure about the game itself.



















5th run was sad. I had unlocked Wolfgang in my last run and decided to use it since he could hit harder. Turns out his bigger stomach also made life easier for me.

However, I got overconfident and greedy after a while. When the hounds attacked me, I lured them to a nearby group of guardian pigs where they both slaughtered each other.

Of course the pigs won, and much loot was dropped by the hounds.

That was when I got greedy and decided to sneak in and pick the meat and teeth from amongst the hostile pigs. I'd run in, pick it out, and run out. On average, I got hit once or twice per run.

Then my overconfidence in the log-armour-clad Wolfgang made me take more and more risk, causing my accidental death when 4 of the pigs managed to hit me at the same time.

With my one and only touch stone spent, I still wanted to risk it. Ate some food to replenish a bit of health and went back in. The plan was to get my pan flute to put them all to sleep.

I snatched it and used it, but couldn't pick up everything because I had picked up the marble and nightmare fuel from the broken touch stone and had neglected to drop them in my base before coming.

So I returned to my base, left some stuff behind, and went back to the pigs to retrieve the rest of my stuff. However, this time, the pigs reached me before I could use the pans, and the constant hits from multiple pigs prevented me from using the flute before I died.

:(

No comments:

Post a Comment