Thursday 9 May 2013

Rant 1135 / Being Too Dependent On A Specific Routine Makes Me Vulnerable To Even Small Changes

The rate at which Care2 is giving out points aka butterfly credits is amazing. Every day I visit the site, I'm awarded points that are equal to the number of consecutive days I visit the site.

Today is my 81st day, so I got 81 points, plus it's some special day so I get 20 more.

At this rate, I'll be able to get 500 points every 5 days or so and that's enough to plant a random tree somewhere. A tree every 5 days. Nice!



























I lost 2-3kg in the last few months. I don't know what's causing it, maybe the daily 20-min sessions of cycling or my watery-porridge-filled diet or both.

Regardless, I'm not stopping them. The problem now is finding another dish I can turn really salty to go with my porridge because I'm about to finish the second mei cai meat cake with my next meal.

This time the meat cake is better because I added a generous dose of sweet potato starch in there and that made the meat more chewy. I got the idea from the steamed meatballs from the cai png stalls. When fresh, all that does, other than improve the appearance, is to act as a cheap filler. When cold, it hardens and makes it chewy. Either way, I like it.

My appetite still hasn't gone down yet because the amount of porridge I eat is still a lot, just that it's watery enough that I spend five minutes every time to drink the water first. Rice water is still more interesting than plain water, and this is kinda similar to the practice I remember from BMT in which we drank a lot of water before each meal.




















I'm not sure if this potential customer is interested although TBH this deal isn't really important to my business. The price I quote her, I'm only make a bit more than what is needed to cover all the taxi fare I spent on going to her office and back. Of course if she doesn't go through with it then I'm losing all that too, so there's that point to consider.

I'm also curious about whether she can find lower prices than mine because as far as I know, very few manufacturers are willing to go this low for such a tiny quantity. She's not even asking for 300 pieces; there's no such thing as a good deal below that number. The best she can hope for is one that isn't bad.

Of course I never told her these. I don't believe this is even important to her; it's just one tiny aspect of her pretty big task.

But if this works, I'll be a lot more motivated to work on the marketing aspect of my business. It's not totally necessary because of the exposure my current customers already give me and I'm by no means an ambitious man, but it's a fun game to me. My current customers, they're like my daily grind quests, sometimes known as "dailies" as in the case of my old RoM days. Any new customers are going to be new quests, except it's not clearly stated whether they are side quests or main quests till I finish a few of them in each quest chain.
























Rigidbot probably isn't going to hit 1M; I'm not getting a heated bed for free.

Oh well.

So I'm spending so much on this printer. US$330 for the printer itself, $90 for shipping, $100 for 5 spools of PLA, $50 for the z-rod, totalling US$570 or about S$700.

As for the freebies, I'm also getting a spool rack, an extra 1kg spool of PLA and an upgraded power supply so that I can install a heated bed in the future.

This better be worth it because I can't afford to spend more on any unnecessary luxuries of this price level or more for the rest of the year.



















Finished Red Faction: Armageddon. Short game. Nice overall but really lame deus ex machina at the end when SAM suddenly knows somehow the weakness of the final boss and then the Nano Forge is somehow able to fix the destroyed structure. Seriously, why couldn't they have done it right from the start?

No comments:

Post a Comment