Friday 28 December 2012

Rant 1092 / Too Much, Too Late

Timing. I just cannot get the timing right.

I have too few sweaters in the last few months; now I have too many. I'll have to space out my future orders for now.




















This year's Steam sale has been disappointing so far. I've seen nothing that I want and I don't think I will be buying anything.

On the other hand, even GOG has something I'm interested in: a fantastic bundle of classic RPGs.



75% off on all if I buy the bundle!

Journal updated!






















Went to IMM for the 40% off at Giordano only to find that they no longered had my size for the $20 plain polo shirts! The cheapest I could get were over $20 each despite the discount!

The other thing I was planning to check out was the Watsons members-only sale today but there was nothing I was interested in.

Took a bus and train to get to Jurong East MRT hence I went to the Watsons at JCube before taking the free shuttle bus to IMM.

I thought I was going to go home empty-handed, and this made me explore the rest of IMM just to see if there's something I could buy. Buying absolutely nothing after coming all this way would really suck.

My target was $15 per polo shirt at most, and none of the shops offered it until I found Bossini. Minimum 3 pieces was easy, although the colour range wasn't that great. Not enough dark colours and I didn't need black. In the end I just settled for what I thought was burgundy, in addition to navy and light grey.

Bossini calls it "plum", not burgundy, probably because burgundy is a shade or two lighter. On the other hand, I had thought that plum was closer to purple. According to Wikipedia, Persian Plum is probably what Bossini meant. However, I still feel that wine is closer to the colour of this shirt I'm holding.

Anyway, what a relief! Bossini was really the last shop I was going to try - it's the last clothing shop along the route to the taxi stand in that mall on that floor.

I also checked out the membership but there is no way I'm getting it. At the counter, a sign said I needed to spend $150 for it. When I asked how long I had to accumulate the $150, the cashier told me I needed to spend all that in a single receipt.

What??

I'd have to fill my entire wardrobe with several to spare (10 shirts) just to get that!

No way I'm doing that.






















Finished Geneforge. It's pretty good, so no wonder it spawned 4 sequels.

Took me far too long to realize that this game was meant for Shapers to use many creatures. I tried to keep my creations to the minimum as a Shaper and focused all the points on 1-2, but this was apparently not the right way.

I did not know that the points did not scale well that way.

By late-game I was getting blocked everywhere I went by mobs that I couldn't defeat with a drayk and a glaahk, both the most powerful third-tier creatures I could get. Today, I tried to have crappier, cheaper versions of this two... plus two crappy terror vlisks, mere second-tier stuff.

The game was so much easier after that. Couldn't make even more inferior versions of them because I needed them to be tough enough to take a 2 hits from enemies minimum.

Anyway, it worked, and eventually I upgraded the glaahk to an ur-glaahk which made things even easier, and I finished the rest of the game that night.

The ending wasn't really what I expected though.

No comments:

Post a Comment