Monday 17 December 2012

Rant 1087 / Gmail, I Am Disappoint.

The Grant of Administration is finally done. Now I can go on to change everything still in my mother's name to my bro's and mine.

It's been about 7 months since I went to the lawyer, so I wonder how long it will take before everything is settled.


Some of them are going to be easy - the insurance companies, although technically should ask for the Grant of Administration before handing me the money, have already done so when I asked them months ago.

The rest are going to take much longer.

First, I'm supposed to set up a bank account under the name of the Estate of my mother.

Next, CDP just replied my enquiry with a rather lengthy process that I have to go through to get the few hundred dollars' worth of Singtel shares (the freebies the government gave all Singaporean adults years ago). That's going to be a pain because it requires my physical presence at some parts.

Our home is most likely going to be another difficult part. I had already call HDB a long time ago to ask about what I should do, and the answer I got was the reason I went to a lawyer to help me get this Grant.

From what I can remember, I will need to bring this to the HDB office and then, I'll see what happens then.

And this bank in Hong Kong, I have no idea what to do with it. I think I'll pay them a visit next year. Hopefully they will be lax with the rules and not ask for a Resealing of the Grant.





















Oh crap ION Rewards changed its requirement for membership renewal (and new applications) from a minimum of $200 spent to $1000. That's huge because I don't think I can renew mine anymore.

Oh well, I'll just have to shop elsewhere after it expires.























Holy crap! We got all three continents! VS is now OP as fuck!

...

And then it took 2 days for TR to get 2 continents back.

NC is still fucked.




















Tried Curiosity on the iPad. Didn't know it was released until yesterday.

An extremely simple game.

It's all about getting to the core of the cube by smashing the tiny cubelets that form layers of the gigantic cube.

Each layer has to be cleared away completely before the next layer can be touched, so we can't just mine a shaft down to the core.

Each cubelet gives the player coins. Coins are also awarded for clearing the screen (screen size is up to the user but the award is proportional to the cubelets cleared) and for having multiple successful taps (wasted taps that don't affect any cube break the chain and taps are gradually worth more as the number of successful tap rises).

Coins can be used to buy tools like special chisels so that your taps break more cubes, or bombs.

There is only 1 cube for all Curiosity players, therefore only 1 player will receive the reward at end by having the last tap. Nobody knows what is in the core but that's the point of the game.

Very boring, although when one is bored enough, erasing stuff can feel like fun too.





















Got Geneforge 1-5 because the set was at 75% off on GOG. It's one of their daily promotions for the season and I somehow stumbled upon it.

Heck, I didn't even know what it was about until it was on sale.

Basically, it is a classic Western RPG with turn-based combat. System is simple because the spells are simple, and back then, games in general were simple anyway.

So far the first game has been quite interesting. The protagonist is a Shaper initiate on what can be considered his "final examination" which involves travelling to certain areas to complete tasks.

A Shaper is a user of some kind of life magic. He/she studies and practices this magic which really sounds like genetic engineering. In the field, a Shaper can create lifeforms designed for specific tasks.

In other words, summoning.

Three class are available actually - the Shaper (summoner), the Guardian (warrior/summoner hybrid) and the Agent (rogue/wizard hybrid).

In his journey, our protagonist was attacked by an unknown ship. Both were sunk in the short fight but he was brought to safety by his dying living boat.

"Safety" is really subjective here because it was an island that was marked "Barred" by his guild, and this meant nobody was allowed to go there for unknown reasons, usually good ones.

Thus the game began.
























Damn Gmail!!

When I use the Gmail app on my iPad with my mobile broadband modem, it somehow becomes impossible to send emails that have photos attached.

Next, I would try to use Safari to send it, except I'd discover that the draft wasn't even saved at the end, only the incomplete version saved from way back.

Even if I complete the email, I'd then find out (because I always forget... until now) that the mobile browser version of Gmail does not allow the attachment of images, only pictures drawn by hand on its MSPaint-clone within the Gmail itself.

Fortunately, I never have anything really urgent, so I can usually leave it till I get home before sending it at home.

Today, I was lucky enough to have left my PC with exactly this sort of crap in mind, so I could use Teamviewer to access my PC to send it.

Gmail, I am disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment