Wednesday 26 December 2012

Rant 1091 / Generally Not There



I'll admit that the greatest flaw of the game is that it is impossible to have a consistent leadership, if at all, in the game, causing it to be an uncoordinated clusterfuck most of the time. Therefore having the game to assign leaders to each faction this way is IMO a great idea.

The problem is, how will they coordinate all the forces among so many servers?

One leader per server per faction would have been better.

...

Anyways I still feel that 50 certs a day is a little slow. I can't wait to get a better primary weapon for my Magrider. Or maybe I should get a better weapon for my Heavy. I don't know.

300 certs and counting.

I'll decide once I hit 750. I'm tempted to get the 750 cert weapon for my Magrider, but I also want the Lasher for my Heavy. I like to use the Magrider but it can get boring sometimes during sieges when we're dominating the ground but the enemies are still clinging on at their final line of defense way inside the base which is inaccessible for tanks.

I use the Heavy more often than the Magrider, so over the longer term it could be more cost-effective.

Hence my dilemma.


























Whoa, the body butter I tried at Vardi & Migdal lasted pretty long on my hands - I could smell it even at night.

Anyway, after reviewing what happened there, I think that the salesman was the best I've seen in a long while. He was so smooth! Like instead of waiting for me to tell him if I wanted it after he let me sample the body wash and body butter on my hands, or directly asking me whether I wanted something, he would open all of the different bottles and let me smell them before asking me which bottle I wanted.

That's good. That's really good.

And that's not the only thing I noticed.

From my google search, I discovered that this shop is indeed known for its sales tactics.

One of Vardi & Migdal's regular customers, Ms Christin Lok, a 40-year-old sales manager, said she appreciates their 'sincere efforts' to explain and demonstrate their products.

Ms Lok, who has spent at least $600 on Dead Sea creams, gels and scrubs, said: 'Our locals should learn from them.'

I know right? I'm definitely keeping that visit in mind for quite some time.

It also helps that the products are actually good. No idea if this Dead Sea minerals thing actually works but the products do feel better than the standard anti-bacterial stuff I usually use.























Snow is overrated. I thought it was just me but my ex-teacher also agreed with me during the conversation yesterday.

She had been spending the last five months in Boston because her daughter-in-law just gave birth to her second grandchild, but returned this month to escape the winter.

Turns out I'm not the only one to realize that snow is hugely overrated by people like me who have been living most of our lives in the tropical zone.

The first thing that annoyed me wasn't the slipperiness but the fact that when I'm walking into the snow-laden wind, it frigging itches! I'd rather have rain than that. I was scratching my face every so often whenever I walked against the wind.

The slipperiness was the more major problem though, hence it deserved a mention previously. The half-melted sludge really made me appreciate the wonders of rough concrete pavements. Since I don't have snow here ever, I usually walk quickly outside.

Hence I keep almost slipping there. It's just a habit of mine to walk quickly when I'm not browsing through shops. I think it took me a day and a half before I started to walk slowly by instinct.

She was having trouble with snow too outside. Worse, since she was living there, she had to deal with the snow problems of people who actually live there. Things like cars and hardened snow aka ice.

Cars can be parked outside normally and when there is only a light snow, but when the media announce a snowstorm incoming, that's when the cars must be moved into a garage, or else they're doomed.

That's because snow hardens when pressed by more snow on top. This brings me to the other problem, ice. I've seen people scrape snow and ice throughout my Korea trip, and I don't envy anyone of those who held a shovel in the streets. Fresh snow looks easy, but those that were stepped on and compressed and refroze looks pretty different. It's easy to tell because snow does not crack into chunks.

No wonder everyone was so generous with the salt sprinkles everywhere I went.

Now, I very much prefer rain to snow. All snow has over rain is appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment