Sunday 23 December 2012

Rant 1088 / Ne Ne Chicken Delivery

So Ministry of Supply gave me a response on my request for an exchange.

Not only do I get to keep the shirt I wanted to change, I was given enough credits for three shirts.

I hope this wasn't a mistake on their part.

This is remarkably generous if it wasn't an error, which really makes me wonder about their profit margin. It must have been a lot bigger than I had thought!

EDIT: he replied to tell me it WASN'T a mistake. Holy crap!





















Tried Ne Ne Chicken, a Korean fried chicken store that specializes in fried chicken soaked in sauce. Eating there completely removes the need for ketchup or chilli - everything has been completely soaked in a vat of their own sauces or have pots of them poured onto them.

Yea, not a very positive description.

Although they tasted good, it was practically eating the sauce with the texture of fried chicken.

I don't know about everyone else but I thought this beats the point of eating chicken.

Sauces are supposed to compliment the meat it is dipped in. Here at Nene Chicken, the chicken is supposed to compliment the sauce it is covered with.

Then again, there are plenty of things that are not the way they were supposed to be and still are popular.

Moreover, it's not expensive. For S$45 I can get more than enough for my bro and I. These days, it isn't common among food delivery services.

So I guess I could give it another try next time.

However, this is definitely not recommended for anyone who really wants to know what their chicken should taste like because they are meant to be eaten while still crispy, which is impossible by the time it reaches anyone's home.

For mine, only the larger pieces of chicken still had some crispy parts within, but all the wings and were complete soggy.

Regardless, the sauce is the main point of eating Nene Chicken. Everything else is, ironically, just gravy.

Hmm... maybe they could give me the sauce separately in one of those disposable containers meant for the sides. I'll ask them next time.




















I really need to clear up that big shelf outside my room and get a new wardrobe. Most of the clothes we wear regularly are hung right next to the east-facing window due to the convenience of it being right between our two rooms. The housekeeper irons them nearby and hangs them. Great for everyone.

Except for the clothes, that is.

I've thought about it but have always been too lazy to do it. It just never seemed urgent and thus has never been high on my priority list.

Then today, as I was searching for my pants (which turned out to be still wrinkly probably because it was still too wet when the housekeeper arrived), I found 3 pants of varying sizes hung at one edge of the bar.

They were hung on top of each other, and the top one had been slightly bleached by the sun.

Or it might have been the dust.

That pair was so new the price tags were still on, and it was Goldlion.

The pain!

It was only bleached very slightly so it's not visible in the shade after some rubbing to get the dust off, but I think I'll need to wash it to know for sure if it's just dust.

As for the other two pairs, I left the smallest one for him and kept the other in my own personal wardrobe that contains all my lesser-used clothing like jackets and army uniforms.

My bro didn't even bat an eyelid when I just left it back in the sun.






















Suddenly felt like watching Stephen Chow's old movies and found an entire collection of his movies from 1989 onwards, including those in which he was only a supporting actor (ie all his movies in 1989).

Now I don't have to worry about finishing Dr Who, which I've already watched till Season 5.

It's actually kinda hard to resist the temptation to watch all the episodes in a single marathon. I think what differentiates this series with American TV series I used to watch is that it always has some kind of continuity, like the crack in the fifth season. Moreover, a number of Dr Who episodes are halves of single episodes (part 1 as one episode and part 2 in another) so these forms of continuity makes viewers want to keep watching.

This makes we wish I had discovered Dr Who later, but at least I'm not one of those fans who started watching when the pilot episode was first broadcasted. That would have sucked.




















Other than Dr Who and Stephen Chow, I've also been spending a lot of time on Geneforge 1.

The game plot was designed quite well and overall, it's very nice. My only gripe is that the difficulty level is old school and thus isn't really a smooth slope up. Often, I either gain access to really difficulty areas or I find myself not gaining a shred of experience from almost an entire zone because my level was too high.

The former is easy because in such areas, I save after every single fight. The latter is a little annoying though.

The game is unique in that it keeps throwing surprises at us. First, just when I thought there were only serviles on the island, I discover there were also humans. Second, the humans weren't as united as I thought they were. Third, the Geneforge wasn't the only mystery in the game (at least where I am right now in the game anyway).

It's not a single surprise after a long period of building up like most games are today.

No comments:

Post a Comment