Monday 3 December 2012

Rant 1084 / Bullets And Pies

I might have underprepared for this trip to Seoul. All I got was a jacket. No scarf, no socks, no anything else. The plan was to wear that jacket plus polo shirt with my usual socks and leather shoes.

Temperatures are at freezing point a little early this year. From what I've read, it shouldn't hit 0 degrees Celsius in early December, but the numbers don't lie.

I'll just go like this and trust in my innate ability to overheat easily. At worst, I'll just buy some stuff there for myself. I'm going shopping anyway.






















The iPhone rental is about the same as the modem rental, and the iPhone 4 can be used as a WiFi hotspot, so I think I'll get an iPhone instead.

Moreover, if I don't use 3G, it's only 3k wons a day. Perfect for the final day.



























I really should make it a point to leave the day before I travel as empty as possible. I keep running a list of things to bring through my head all day and worrying if I would miss something. This is kind of stressful, seriously. I can't concentrate on anything.
























Getting the hang of Planetside 2. The game is still mostly a mess because it's close to impossible to coordinate an army of random people. Still, there are times when it's achieved and the results are fantastic.

I think it just needs a large group of people to get the ball rolling, maybe a 40-man clan or something, and the rest will go where the action is.

Since I usually play continuously for hours at one go, I sometimes stay long enough to become the squad leader after the last one leaves. For the first few times, I had no idea what to do, so I did nothing.

Now I think I have to communicate more, like saying where the enemies are focusing on and such, so that if I end up being the squad leader, I can just do roughly the same thing except with stronger words.

Another thing is that I now know how to create mobile spawn points for the team. Fun. Instead of simply telling everyone where they should go, I just try to bring the Sunderer there and deploy it. It's expensive and I sometimes get spotted by enemy aircrafts, but I think I simply need to be more alert about my surroundings, like always moving behind at least one friendly tank.

Bringing a Sunderer alone seems to be extremely dangerous even in friendly territories.

No comments:

Post a Comment