Sunday 23 December 2012

Rant 1089 / It Is Not That I Have Nothing Better To Say.

Been lazy and not buying anything for food at home. I think I haven't cooked any vegetables for an entire week and my bowel movements have become noticeably different lately.

That, however, wasn't enough to get me off my ass because of Geneforge, Dr Who and Stephen Chow.

But today I had no choice. The wet market's closed on Mondays and it's Xmas on Tuesday. Meanwhile, my fridge and freezer have been empty for some time. The last two dinners I made were chicken soup and beef stew.

The soup was made from bones that had spent at least a month in the freezer, together with an onion, some ancient shallots I had forgotten about (picked out the rotten ones) and the two cobs of corn I had bought before my Korea trip. The corns were just somewhat shrunken from dehydration, not spoilt.

The stew was more interesting. The beef was definitely expired - the expiry date was a month and a half ago. Even the freezing couldn't save it, although I didn't find out till after the stew was done. There was no discolouration. The stew did not taste funny and the hours of boiling killed everything. However, the beef did taste a little off. For beef that's this old, I was glad it wasn't all mushy or even dissolved completely.

Anyways, I ended up still not buying any vegetables and decided on getting a whole watermelon and a bunch of grapes instead. They don't need cooking.

And the chicken vendor somehow removed all the skin even though I stated that I wanted them on :(

Not really important since I've never really cared. I only ask for the skin to be left on in order to speed things up - it takes forever to debone 10 chicken torsos.

Bought some fishballs as usual.



Then later in the afternoon I finally got the motivation to go down again to Shop N Save for some laundry powder. After checking the website for the promotions, I added dishwashing liquid to the list.

Also found out that there isn't 3% cashback on Saturdays and this promotion had ended last year.

Derp.

So now I don't have to shop there only on Saturdays.

Had a whole shopping list here next to my keyboard and I forgot to bring it with me. I ended up missing the sweetener and coconut milk.

Bought some kang kong though, so I will still some vegetables after I finish the fruits in 3 days.

May be a busy week next week, so I also added a lot of ham and bacon since they're all on promotion at the supermarket this week. And bread. My food supply is now set for the week :D





















Geneforge is so hard now. It's almost impossible for me to reach the Geneforge at my level. I've already changed my strategy from relying on a single drayk plus lots of mana for heals to having a drayk and a glaahk. Not really getting the synergy I hoped for but I love the drayk and I needed a second creature that could take at least two hits from any enemy. I'd get a vlish but it looks really weak.

Them Sholai are so tough!























Planetside's player population has been dropping despite the coming major event. Probably for Xmas.

During the daytime in my timezone, the VS is constantly getting raped by TR, yet we somehow retain at least one continent everyday.

Not really fun when the TR zerg us to death, so I haven't been playing it that much.
























I can't make a system image nor a backup of my hard drive.

For some reason, it gives me some error every time.

Fortunately I've already backed up the important folders on various cloud storage and my external hard disk, so if shit really happens, I'll still be able to cope with having a competely new OS.

No comments:

Post a Comment