Tuesday 20 March 2012

Rant 957 / This Was Supposed To Be The Big One To Let EA's Origin Gain A Better Foothold In The Video Game Digital Distribution Market

I just realized the only Mass Effect 2 save I have rescued from my previous computer wasn't the one I thought I had.

I was thinking that Thane was dead in my ME3 run because he died from whatever illness he had been suffering from.

Nope, he was dead because I made the wrong choice in the final mission in ME2.

Realized that when I saw Thane in ME3 when it was being streamed on V2.

So now I have three things to change the next time I play the ME games:

1) Save Kaiden
2) Let the Councilors die
3) Make all the right choices for the final ME2 mission.















A ME3 fan is making a complaint at FTC (AFAIK it's like Singapore's CASE and CCS combined) against EA about the ending.

"After reading through the list of promises about the ending of the game they made in their advertising campaign and PR interviews, it was clear that the product we got did not live up to any of those claims," El_Spiko says. "This is not somethign [sic] I was happy to do, but after the terrible ending that was in no way the product that had been advertised to me and the lack of any kind of response from Bioware/EA to address this, I felt it was one of my only recourses."

Oh boy!



Here's some popcorn for everyone.















Wasteland 2 has attracted US$1.36M at the moment. Over fourteen thousand others like me spent $15 for a promise of a downloadable copy of the game when it's released. TBH $15 for a game like that is a decent price even 20 years ago.

I guess the hype has died down and the level of investment from the public has reached a plateau. With 29 days left to go, it's probably going to hit US$3M when it's over.

IMO there are two main possible ends to this.

One, revival of the age of "retro games", and the system used by Kickstarter becomes the new way of obtaining funding in the video game industry.

Two, people realize that it's not that games are bad today, but that they're no longer the people they used to be. In other words, it's not as much a matter of taste as it is of nostalgia.

Who knows how this will end? Maybe I'm completely wrong and it turns out that it's none of the above.














 ME3 SPOILER ALERT! DO NOT WATCH UNLESS YOU'RE READY!






RIP bro ;_;7

















So an aunt(?) called after she was informed by my relatives in Penang. I was planning to get her brother to inform her but somehow both those relatives and his ex-wife gave me his old number that he's no longer using.

Anyway she gave me an idea about my business. She herself is running several restaurants and is even about to open a bakery in Alabama, so despite the differences between our industries, she did tell me some tips on things we have in common, one of which I'm going to seriously consider in the long term.

Wait a min... if she's the daughter of my great-grandaunt, that makes her my cousin, right?

Huh.

Also told me to go to church. When she said that she wasn't a spiritual person despite filling a third of the entire phone conversation with religious advice, it kinda gave me an idea of how religious her environment must be.

I'm not looking for answers nor for support, hence religion isn't neccesary at this point.

She did make a good point about networking through church though. But if I'm not going to do it, I'm going to have to find another way to achieve this purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment