Tuesday 6 March 2012

Rant 951 / Chapter One

Ever notice how shitty games suddenly become so interesting in your portable devices when you're in the bus/train?

I once read that the human mind has never adapted to idle waiting. Here's the evidence.

Humans aren't meant to sit around and do nothing.
















I've just discovered the website of Skidrow, one of the biggest "scene groups" of PC game cracking.

I've struck gold!

It's not piracy if you aren't downloading anything   >:3

These scene groups do not make money off their work. Anyone who does is looked down upon, eg Kim Dotcom whom Razor1911 had openly dissed on their website.

2012-01-25 19:11:00
Never make a profit on software piracy, a rule older than the internet. Let's hope that the pedophile Kim Schmitz will get sentenced to an eternity in the federal pound him in the ass prison.

For them, it's not about the money. Neither should anyone spend money on pirated softwares.















Can't sleep. 5 things I need to do within the week. Get a haircut, settle insurance policies, settle minor issues in office, call factories, talk to buyers.

Maaaaaan...

Yea they're actually very simple tasks. I just can't sleep at night and I don't feel like doing anything during the day.

A sign of depression!

Hmm... I need to get out and do stuff.

Mass Effect 3 is coming out. Good weekend ahead.

And weekend starts on Thursday if I'm quick enough.
















Went through my collection of videos I'd taken during the last few years, beginning with the ones I took with the shitty Sony Ericsson walkman phone till the ones I took with my current Nokia N8.

Basically searched through them for anything with her in it. Found a few but not the one I had in mind when I began.

Copied the ones I found into a separate folder and also into my bro's portable hard drive.

















Tropico 3 is easy if not for the random events.

I mastered Sandbox mode on Easy maps with random events set to "Rare" that resulted in 98% difficulty, so I thought I could handle a bit more.

Tried Moderate maps twice with random events set to "Normal" that resulted in 103% difficulty.

Lost both times.

It's just 5% more!

Clearly the real difference is the random events. In my case, I keep getting pwned by coup d'etats because I can't get enough soldiers.

At first I couldn't get enough generals because I somehow couldn't get enough college graduates. Without generals I can't hire more soldiers.

When I solved that by taking the training bonuses for my dictator's traits, I don't have enough money to build more guard stations to get more soldiers.

I think I need to be really generous with the construction offices. Money has been no issue, but clearly I need 4-5 of them as soon as I can because their building speed is so slow!

I could also just please my citizens but that would be missing the point of being a dictator.

Workers on strike on MY island? Shoot 3 of them!

Rival candidate during an election has more votes than me? Assassinate him!

If you want happy citizens you should just play Anno 2070 or Sim City.

No comments:

Post a Comment