Friday 9 March 2012

Rant 953 / Mailing Coconuts

THU


Looks like I wasn't quick enough. It's Thursday today and my weekend hasn't begun yet. I still have stuff to do tomorrow excluding all the intestate matters.

Speaking of intestate matters, I wonder if it's possible to do everything without a lawyer.

I mean, my working hours are flexible, so I can handle a lot of legwork that is usually involved in settling this issue.

But it's just that I have no idea what I'm missing. I'm now doing all the insurance stuff but there's still the utility bills, banking and housing matters to attend to. What else?

I have yet to think of more.

Another thing is that my father's death certificate is strangely missing.

My bro and I found it on several occasions in the past but today, we simply couldn't find it.

I need it because without a will, my father is technically the next-of-kin. I have to prove that he has passed away to make my bro and I the beneficiaries of anything she owned.

I could also contact the ICA for a certified copy aka a Death Extract but that would take time and money.














FRI




So my weekend begins on Friday evening just like everyone else. I even forgot I have something to do in the office this morning (later) so I played Mass Effect 3 till 3am.

Oops.

I needed the sleep to communicate properly.

What's done is done. Now I shall fill my veins with coffee instead.

Also planning to buy a tablet during the coming IT expo or trading show or whatever it's supposed to be called.







Speaking of expo, I'm seriously considering one alternative I was told about next year.

In large malls there are usually open spaces, sometimes called "atriums", where they occasionally rent out to people to sell stuff in.

It's similar to setting up a pasar malam stall except it's in a better environment.

The location of the mall is not exactly an issue because I'm not going to be there myself all the time.

Depending on various factors, I try it after this year.

Absolutely not going to consider this as a serious income source, just something to complement what I already have.

Rental is mostly not too high per day but I wonder if I can net any profit from this.

My rough estimate is pretty low, although it's still worth the little effort it seems to require.

No comments:

Post a Comment