Tuesday 28 June 2011

Rant 803 / Diary Products

So members of our military forces in Singapore will be issued an iPad2 each. I have no idea how that's relevant to combat. Furthermore, it's too fragile for life in the field.

The camera combined with internet connectivity may have some use, but aren't there cheaper ways to transmit images in real time? Cheaper and more durable?

And the battery? Despite the fact that the iPad2 battery can last a very long time, it's still not anywhere close to infinity yet. Therefore if the soldiers are hiding in the jungle, what use is it to anyone?

Unless... they're shifting their focus from jungle warfare as Singapore transforms into a concrete jungle. Yea I guess this can be a valid point.

Wait, that can't be right. Even in urban areas you'll still need electricity to recharge, and that can't be taken for granted during a war.

No. There has to be more than meets the eye. It's too obviously a complete waste of money.

What am I missing here?










I didn't know there are so many kinds of winter mittens out there.









Hellgate OBT begins on the 30th of June. Lowered my expectations after figuring out the truth about F2P games.

Stopped playing Champions online. Got boring. Apparently the arenas are pretty lame, mostly just a map for a couple of us to fight each other in. My build was terrible for PvP because it was too tanking-oriented and my main attack needs to be charged up by holding a button.
























What can I say? It's a cute cat video.









Trying Dungeon Siege 3. It's an excellent game with a flaw. Probably due to the absence of such high quality games in the RPG genre on the PC for so many months, I feel that this game was pretty amazing.

Except for a flaw.

The controls.

What's wrong with the WASD? Why must the developers try to give PC gamers a feel of what it's like to play DS3 on consoles?

In Dungeon Siege 3, A and D moves the camera instead of moving the character, thus simulating that of the controller's joysticks. Even though W and S are still forward and backward, it's actually pretty hard to play with WASD. Worse is that A and D are reversed when you're moving backwards, making combat movement extremely clumsy.

The best way that I've found so far is to use a combination of WASD and the mouse. Holding right button to move and using W and S when I'm attacking with the left mouse button partially solves the problem.

If I could, I'd just use A and D and right mouse button, but it's impossible to move in one direction by holding the right button while attacking in the other using the left.

This means players of DS3 need to learn the controls all over again.

What a way to ruin such a great game!

If I wanted to play it like I'm using a console, I'd just get a console.

Fortunately for me, my character has an AoE spell that damages everything around him. Hence, I don't panic when I get surrounded all because I ran into a wall.

And oh yes, bugs. Once in a while I get stuck at random spots while moving using W and S. Pretty annoying during combat. Moving with the mouse solves the problem though. No idea why.

No comments:

Post a Comment