Saturday 4 June 2011

Rant 789 / Not Expecting Much From Duke Nukem Forever

So cavemen stayed at their birth places more often than cavewomen.

But I'm more curious about how they survived in caves at night.

I mean, anyone who has ever tried to sleep in a room with their doors and windows closed would know how fast the place can warm up.

In a cave, there would be one opening. It could be large or it could be small for safety reasons. Would make sense, wouldn't it? Using rocks or boulders to block the entrance would provide a small measure of security.

But even if the cave was open, it would be warm. unless the cave was shallow.

In the case that it's deep, wind would generally not go far inside.

Furthermore, night in those days have to start at dusk. No electric lights, no candles. This means they would have been stuck inside their stuffy caves for 12 hours or so every day.

Or maybe they would burn firewood outside in order to stay up longer, but that's going to warm up the air more.

Are we humans supposed to be able to sleep in a hot place?

Coz I sure lost that ability.











Not so confident about my current town. Less organized, laxer rules. Even though we begin with about as much water as my last town, they're apparently going to decide on letting scavengers drink everyday.

I'm not saying it's a very bad idea since my last town had enough to last 23 days and we only had our pump at level 3 out of 5, but it could be. I can't confirm because I have yet to do the math.


No rules or guides or anything. Members had to ask what the water rationing plan was.

But we have plenty of experienced people here and everyone is much more active. That should offset the above differences. Hopefully.














Been watching Waking the Dead. Like most British TV series I've seen, they're short. This one only had 4 episodes per season, each episode split into 2 equal parts of an hour each.

At 2 hours per story, it's no wonder the quality of the mysteries is far superior than American stuff.

On the other hand, they are much less intense. Too many scenes of getting out of cars, walking around, waiting for people, etc. Yea building up the atmosphere, whatever.

I guess due to the shortness of the American episodes, they have to be quick about everything. The pace is much faster and the characters are much more impatient about everything.

But the three episodes in Waking the Dead that I've seen so far have successfully misled me. I have yet to successfully guess the real culprit before the first parts end. Plenty of good twists in this series.

And old people. Old people everywhere.








Maybe I've been on shitty Alicafe for too many days because now Gold Roast Kopi-O tastes good to me.

Or maybe it's actually good? Nah. It's the official Singapore Police Force (SPF) coffee :P

Kidding. It's a joke in some Singaporean forums.

Here, the term used to represent "getting arrested" is "lim kopi", which means "drink coffee". Some time ago, the SPF sponsored something together with another 2 companies, one of which was Gold Roast, so that at one point the logos of the 3 were placed side by side in the centre of the TV screen.

Now the joke is that SPF's kopi is from Gold Roast.




But it's a good substitute until I can drag myself up in the morning to buy fresh grounded coffee at the wet market. Damn stall closes around noon or something.

Moreover, Gold Roast is cheap.

Overall, its far superior to Alicafe and Super Coffeemix and if IIRC, they're roughly the same price, in the $5-$6 range.








Hellgate CBT has begun! Problem is that it's ending in another 2 days and the download of the client has been a real pain. It keeps stopping, it can't be minimized and it stays on top of everything.

I think I'll wait for OBT, which the FAQ says should be soon if nothing big happens during CBT.

Can't used the old Hellgate: London game. I bet it's very different in order to have the item mall.








Watched 22 Bullets, aka L'immortel. Nice film, but not as good as other films that starred Jean Reno, eg Leon: The Professional.

And why is he always a hitman?

No comments:

Post a Comment