Sunday 12 June 2011

Rant 793 / Why Didn't They Rob Burger King Of Its Burgers?













I didn't go to the PC Show and neither am I planning to go anymore.

I changed my mind. Even the tablet isn't going to be useful for me. I'm not physically weak to the point where I can't carry the actual jackets in luggage bags. I'd sweat more but hey, it would give me an excuse to take a cab.

Furthermore, the tablet I was seriously considering at the end, a Creative Ziio 7" tablet, made my bro frown when I mentioned it to him.

Of course I asked him for his opinion. He's had more experience with Creative products and I do.

According to him, Creative stuff tend not to last long. Makes sense, since the Ziio 7" tablet was the cheapest among all in the PC Show.

But after further consideration, I thought if that was so, why bother anymore? If my backup laptop breaks down, I could easily get a $400 replacement at Sim Lim Square anyway. The prices at the PC Show, according to veterans, are the same as those in SLS except they give away more freebies in the event.

As for my phone, I found no good deals anywhere. Initially regretted the decision a few weeks back to ignore the promotion sent via SMS from my mobile service provider, but came to the conclusion that I couldn't have known anyway.

In any case, I'll be buying a new phone soon at one of the shops, probably the one at West Coast Plaza. Currently considering the HTC 7 Mozart for its 8MP camera, which is 2MP better than my current phone.

Internal memory of 8GB is a possible issue but I believe I won't be using it for anything else other than a few games.

Main purpose of this phone is only to take pictures discreetly of potential stuff we can sell when I go to Guangzhou in the near future. I'll probably need to buy a additional cheaper phone for my ICTs.


























Spain arrested a few Anons for organizing an online attack against some websites. Not linked to the PSN thing though.

Spanish police alleged the three "hacktivists" helped organize an attack that temporarily shuttered access to some Sony websites. They were not linked to two massive cyber attacks against Sony's Playstation Network that resulted in the theft of information from more than 100 million customers.

I'd expected /b/ to be all over it but nope, not a single thread on this.

Either the Anons are no longer as active on 4chan as before, or the mods are getting really active on banning and deleting anyone and anything related to Anonymous.

After all, even the guys behind Piratebay were sued for merely having illegal torrents and not for making those torrents themselves. By the same logic, 4chan could be sued for having these discussions.










If a person goes into a coma when he was a teenager and wakes up 30 years later, would he have the temperament of a middle-aged man or a teenager?

If he reacts to situations more calmly, wouldn't he be considered "more matured"?

Yet how could he be more matured if his mind never aged beyond the day he went unconscious?

Does that mean that the above criteria is not a right way to judge a person's mental maturity?










Gave a "like" to some random travel agency for some crappy freebies. A $10 voucher and a small mystery gift from Japan.

Means I'll be going on the coming Friday most likely, before the dinner. Since it's closing at 6.30pm, I'll be forced to get to the restaurant early after that. Hopefully I'll be able to slow enough to be merely half an hour early.









Finally bought some coffee. Korean arabica. Accidentally made it too thin just now because I haven't made coffee this way for weeks now. Derp.

No comments:

Post a Comment