Tuesday 14 June 2011

Rant 795 / Youtube Rentals?

It's ironic that immortality is regarded as bad because you see all your loved ones die. It makes no sense to me.

People often say that it's better to be in a relationship than not because of the happy memories and good times. Some even believe that life is about memories.

If so, seeing loved ones die should not completely offset all the happy memories from the times you spend with them. In other words, the positive effects of a relationship should not be completely negated by seeing the partner die.

Or else, why bother having relationships?

Yet if the negative effects of a partner's death is less than the positive ones of the benefits, wouldn't life get better as you have more and more partners over time, making immortality the best thing since sliced bread?

Unless we're talking about some kind of cumulative effect here.

Yet it still doesn't make sense.

If eventually you keep thinking about all the deaths from before, doesn't this also get negated when you recall all the happier days you had with all your previous partners?

I mean the cumulative effect would work both ways.

Therefore, the argument that seeing loved ones die is a bad for immortals is moot.















At 0:08-0:13, notice how the material displayes her curves to perfectly. Real clothing don't do that, not even the sexy stuff like latex unless they're customized to the wearer's body. Wearing something like this will give you abrasions in all the unnecessary places.

On the other hand, the guy's completely covered up by armour. For all we know he could be an android underneath all the metal.

Therefore, it tells me that this trailer was made to attract boys and young men. Females are not the target audience.

Another thing is the website and forum. The website isn't updated to reflect the OBT and the OBT banner which I pasted here was not well-made. Two of the characters appear more blurry than the leftmost one.







The Cow Room has no cows.













After completing Honest Hearts, everything is so easy now in the main map. The War Club, complete with both upgrades, pwns everything including Deathclaws and Yao Guais. The best thing about it is that in addition to awesome physical damage, it also does Fatigue damage which basically results in stuns.

Now I can go anywhere I want and Deathclaws are merely a hindrance instead of the nightmares they used to be for me.









So I accidentally superboiled my coffee. We had ordered Mac for breakfast on Sunday but I kept my coffee in the fridge since I'd bought real coffee from downstairs.

Today I decided to drink it so I poured it into my cup (styrofoam cups aren't microwaveable) and microwaved it. Then I walked out to spy on my mum talking to her employees on the phone. It's not what you're probably thinking now, but it was one way to judge how well she's feeling today.

Anyway I stayed out a little longer because I thought it wouldn't hurt to microwave the cold coffee more than my usual 2min15s. I returned and stopped it at 2min45s.

At first, there was no problem. I took it out, nothing. I lifted it up, nothing. I brought it into my room, nothing.

But when I poured sugar into it... it foamed!

Straight away there was a thin layer of light brown foam on top.

For an instant, it must have boiled.

Interesting. So even a clay mug's sides are so smooth that it can prevent boiling in a microwave oven. If I had left it inside longer it might have exploded instead when I moved it. Next time I should probably pour in the sugar to allow it to boil then.









Been playing Cities XL again, this time with additional knowledge from the tutorials. Apparently I missed a few things from before because I skipped most of the tutorials.

1) I can sell my excess stuff to the AI company for low prices and buy what I need for exorbitant sums of money. True that they aren't worth it but it provides me with a short-term solution to planning problems.

2) I can choose what roads are used the Square Tiles when I build my zones with that tool. How I wish I had known that before! I've been using the smallest default road all along and have been dealing witht the traffic congestion issue throughout my time playing this game before now.

3) Now I know how to use the Metro and that for both buses and metro, I cannot place too many stops or the people would find it faster to travel by car, thereby defeating the purpose of having the public transport systems.

Now I shall proceed to build my best cities yet.




















Recent posts have been quite uninspired. I'm definitely aware of it, hence the last title. I seem to be more lethargic than usual. No idea why. I think I'm not getting enough exercise.

Everything's foggy until today.

I think it's a bad idea to keep switching off the aircon too early. I may be waking up a lot at night due to the heat without remembering it.

Today was different because for some reason my mum came into my room to use my bathroom while the other was occupied by either my bro or his gf and she switched it back on before sneaking back out.

I woke up freezing.










Starting to brush my teeth with baking soda since last night. Expired baking soda, but I don't think it's any different from unexpired soda because I've only opened it once before.

It's painful. Things I've learnt from 2 nights of this dental treatment:

1) Do not get it on any wounds, ie if you bit your mouth or lips, wait a while or skip it altogether for the day.

2) Water does not help if 1) happens.

3) Even if you rinse your mouth thoroughly with tap water multiple times, there will still be residue of the baking soda in your mouth that will exacerbate the pain from mouthwash if you use it right after brushing.

4) Do not leave it in your mouth for a while after brushing thinking it will increase the effect. Whether or not it really does, it will still get uncomfortable as the soda reacts with the water on your gum and tongue.

But it's cheaper than those teeth-whitening products, so I'll endure the pain.

So techically I brush my teeth thrice a day now. Once in the morning and twice at night, plus mouthwash and flossing at night. Hopefully this will whiten my teeth soon.

I still remember that one time when a (hot) girl told me, "It's a pity you let your teeth turn yellow." That was the first time I learnt that this was important for my image, and now, I need to start thinking about it.

Next step is the step I dislike most - exercise.










A 53-year-old man died from a heart attack while raping a 77-year-old woman.


Authorities say that while he was raping his 77-year-old victim at knifepoint, he told her he wasn't feeling well and stopped having sex with her so he could rest.
Moments later he then went back to fondling her briefly before he rolled over and died.

This, I can honestly say, is wrong on so many levels.













The boredom they must have endured while doing the same action so many times over the years, man, life sucks for them.












That's one talented Super Mario fan.











Awesome Iron Man MK I costume.












[insert blonde joke here]











I've read about blue holes and brine pools in the sea, but this is the first time I'm seeing an underwater river of hydrogen sulfide. Apparently there's one at Cenote Angelita, Mexico.




Whoa!

No comments:

Post a Comment