Sunday 25 July 2010

Rant 584 / The Cyber Police Hire Experts in Backtracology To Deal With Cyber Bullies. Beware!



This is what happens when you fail to have your shield of anonymity up before attention-whoring online. The above tried to make her out as the victim of cyberbullies when she's really her own victim.

First, she's 11. It was not even legal for her to post videos on Youtube or whatever.

Second, she took anonymous comments online seriously. Conventional wisdom among frequent Internet users is that you should not even bother to read comments like those on Youtube. In the case that you would do such a thing, disregard everything that even sounds negative.

Third, camwhores always get this sort of attention. The more dramatic their responses, the worse the hate. Schadenfreude is rampant on the Internet. They're making this bigger than it actually is.

Fourth, unless she's actually scum, those threats will forever remain threats. Anons talk big but the number of times they actually did anything serious in real life is negligible compared to the number of threats they make on a daily basis. There was absolutely no need for her to fear those bs they post.

Fifth, you dun goofed. Because he back traced it.

I wonder how long before they finally realize that giving children free access to the Internet is like letting them travel the world alone. As educational as it may sound, there are some things that most parents don't want their kids to be educated in.

Filters don't work well enough. What they do is similar to banning users from the red-light districts. They are still going to be able to find other places where other dangers lie.

I believe children should be restricted to only certain websites that are considered safe. Without adult supervision, they cannot access anything but a few websites in the list. Facebook should not be on that list, especially if you're moronic enough to post important person information like home address or phone number. Kids are expected to be that stupid, therefore should not be found on such websites.

How else do you think they found her address and home phone number? Obviously she had to have posted these on either her FB or her Youtube/Stickam profile. Anons are not that amazingly smart; they're all just script kiddies. The real hackers are busy doing other things and wouldn't waste their time on camwhores.

Even though I posted those links above, I'm not laughing. Neither do I pity her, for she's just going through a tough lesson in life. Shit happens, deal with it. There's no need to worry for her. She's got her parents and half her country on her side. I'm very sure she's been receiving lots of letters from strangers expressing sympathy and offering of help after that appearance on TV.

Anyway here's what the "cyber bullies" have on her. It's NOT work-safe due to a few ads on the side. And ignore the expletives.

They didn't do anything that an average Internet user can't - merely lots of googling. Found this after typing the above. Here's an interesting quote to prove what I had said:

As an eleven-year-old whore, Jessi accepted all friend requests; even from accounts with ridiculous names, such as I.P. Freely and Pedobear (SRSLY), resulting in anons obtaining her email address and place of residence.

^_^

Ban kids from FB and most of the Internet for their own good please. Freedom is what's hurting them, not the pedophiles or cyber bullies or whatever. It's like you're allowing them to explore the jungle on their own and then blaming the tiger when they get eaten alive. Whose fault is it, really?

Even if you're not going to follow my advise, please closely monitor the websites your kids visit. Children don't need privacy till they're old enough to drink and smoke. For example, placing the computer in the living room won't kill them. I know it didn't kill me.














League of Legends is coming to Garena! Yay!

League of Legends is a DotA-ripoff that's very popular outside of Asia. It's not available in Southeast Asia yet because they're still in the process of setting things up. The game's made by the some of the people who helped made DotA what it is today, so there are quite a number of heroes that are very similar to those found in the original.













Sometimes I wonder if I'm strange to not spend money. Yesterday I found my bro using a wireless controller to play a racing game on his laptop, one that looked like a standard PS DualShock.

Then I realized it is normal to buy such stuff at his age, from everything I have observed. All my friends bought stuff like iPod and iPhones and other trendy goods that won't last 3 years.

Why didn't I?

I'm not even joking here. The last electronic device I bought for myself that I can recall is this computer I'm typing on. Before that, it was my copy of Half Life 2 and the Acer laptop.

My bro, from I have seen, has a gaming laptop, a Zen, a few games bought during Steam sales and the controller. That's excluding the things he bought during dates that were a waste of money like the shirt that didn't fit very well but was picked by his girlfriend.

Then again, I did buy books and food. In recent years I've been spending about S$400-500 annually on novels and I've no idea how much I have spent at Cold Storage since I don't go regularly. When I do I spend about S$100 per trip, but this year I've only been there once or twice so far.

I can't criticize anyone for wasting money. Even I have wasted money by buying a few books that turned out to be worse than I expected. I consider it a waste of money if I don't read a book I bought at least twice.

Is it because I don't watch TV or visit malls much? Without these activities I can say I'm almost never exposed to the subliminal brainwashing by commercial advertisements, which would explain my spending habits. After all, you don't have to consciously see them to be affected by them.

But it may also be explained that I'm just stingy.

Which is why I cannot say for sure why I spend the way I do.













Male birth control pills, finally! Hey guys, say hi to Mr Penile/Prostate Cancer. It took decades for them to find out that female birth control pills can raise the chances of getting cancer, so I expect the same for this, if it's even going to pass their trials.

No comments:

Post a Comment