Friday 2 July 2010

Rant 572 / Gabba Gooboo

A city in the US state of California is sacking 10% of its police force. TEN FREAKIN PERCENT! Now that's desperation.

I've always thought that the police is as important as education in the administration of a government. One improves and at least maintains the present while the other does the same for the future. I completely agree with the following quote:

Beyond the trial, he said police layoffs could be self defeating if they result in a rise in crime that hurts local business and causes city revenues to fall.

Firing the police is definitely one of the worst things that a government can do to cut costs. I can't say the exact reasons but this just feels so wrong.












Finally tried the white coffee I bought in Malacca. Holy crap it does taste different! So different, I almost couldn't recognize that it was indeed coffee! It's kind of like vanilla and completely unlike what I expected after long years of nothing but Nescafe, Super, Cupparoma and the ones they sell in my neighbourhood kopitiams.

After a cup of that, even Cupparoma tastes inferior. And no, it's very different from the white coffee I found some years back in NTUC, the one with the brownish-white packaging. That one tasted very normal to me.

Only 11 packets of it left, can't drink it everyday.













Dragon Age: Origins going for US$24 on Steam. Seeing this on today's Today-Only sale reminded me that I haven't replayed this game since my first run and my short attempt at a replay right after that. Not worth buying then.

No comments:

Post a Comment