Saturday 10 July 2010

Rant 576 / FFXIV Sounds Like A Potential Option

Of course I'm full of shit.















FF14 confirmed to charge extra per additional character.

Game price, comes with 30 days of subscription - US$50

Subscription rate, includes one playable character and one NPC for storage/merchant matters - US$13 per 30 days

Additional playable character - US$3 per 30 days

Additional NPC - US$1 per 30 days

Conclusion - This is like a blend of f2p and p2p MMORPG because more p2p MMOs traditionally do not have extra costs. However, I don't mind playing with a single character since I always prefer to do that as long as storage is not a problem. I may consider it if it is popular enough and the NPC's storage is adequate.












You know, I've never considered the idea that it is not common practice to reuse your teabags. It was only recently that I read someone mentioned his/her grandmother having this habit since WWII. I was slightly surprised to find out that people don't normally do that.

I have always done that at home. In fact, I only use two teabags a day and keep two 1.5L bottles of water near my teapot next to my computer. The teabags stay in the pot from the time I get out of bed till I get out of bed on the next day. Only the first pot is filled with boiling water, both to sterilize the inside of the pot and to make actual hot tea.

From some articles I've read, you're supposed to use hot water to brew tea because certain substances in the leaves are activated only by water above 90 degrees Celsius. So it's good to fill your pot with hot water the first time.

It is true that I drink only 3-4 cups of real tea per day and the rest are more like fragrant water but come on, that's better than drinking plain water. I've nothing to lose by soaking used teabags in water for 24 hours and I'm used to drinking this sort of diluted tea since I was a child when I mixed my parents' tea with water with a rough ratio of 1:9.

What's so bad about drinking diluted tea anyway? It's not like tap water is really that tasty, especially in Singapore.


You can probably do the same with coffee beans but I don't have a French press to test this theory with. Very diluted coffee made from reused beans can probably be drunk by itself.

Speaking of French press, I remember my mum bought one many years ago. She told us we could use it to brew coffee but I never understood how that was used until years later when I realized that there are non-powder coffee beans available out there.

The thing's gone now. We never used it for brewing coffee.













I wonder why I've never seen CZY play L4D2 after I handed him the game almost a month ago.













I'm going to be an admin on the currently most popular server for Empires. With only 3-4 servers that can be considered as "active", that really isn't saying much. Still, I get to hold a banhammer!

I wonder why one of the senior admins offered the position to me. I don't usually talk to him. I can only guess it's because I've been around for years and my record's perfectly clean.












All those Catholic pedo-priests made me wonder if monks (and nuns) also have sexual issues. So I googled "gay monks" and after the initial surprise at discovering the fetish for homosexual monks, I found that in Thailand they actually do have such problems.

In Buddhism they don't prevent homosexuals from becoming monks, so I guess they must have a significant population of openly gay monks. Even Tibetan monasteries accept gay men. Christian monks? Same, and they do have problems with them "flaunting" their homosexuality.

Catholic nuns can be lesbians too, and not just those in Europe/America.

Since monks and nuns are celibates, I can see why they have no reason to forbid homosexuals from joining their ranks. A gay man and a straight one can't be too different if they both overcome their sexual desires and live identically dry lives, theoretically speaking.



Transgender monks, how does this work? Guys with fake breasts wearing monk robes, or ex-females? I mean, if they haven't gone through any part of the sex-change process they can't be called "transgender", right? And the first step to this is to implant breasts or get hormone therapy, and either way they're going to end up with feminine chests, I suppose.

Hmm... Monks with tits, not a pleasant thought at all.













Holy crap Shutter Island was a better film than I thought. Or maybe it's just that I like this sort of film. Oh wait, before I go on any further...



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


SPOILER ALERT!

A spoiler is an literary aerodynamic device whose intended function is to "spoil" unfavourable air movement across a body of text in motion. Take caution and carry a first-aid kit at all times if you don't know that Verbal Kint is Keyzer Söze, Buffy dies twice, Tetra is Zelda, Mordred is King Arthur's son, Tony gets shot by Chino and dies in Maria's arms, Janus grows up to be Magus, Sasuke eventually kills Orochimaru, the Joker kills Jason Todd, our World is behind the Gate, Fayed detonates a nuke, and Soylent Green is PEOPLE!!!

SPOILER ALERT!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



The film was misled me so much that the ending was nothing that I expected.

At first it appeared that the asylum staff were trying to make him go mad, so I thought the psychiatrists were mad, that maybe they had killed the previous doctors and took over their identity or something.

When he went apparently crazy near the end, I thought he was mad and his superiors had used this case to lure him here for his own good.

At no point did I suspect that he had been a patient there all along and the entire story was really an experimental act to see if he could be cured if he was allowed to act on his hallucinations and fantasies.






-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of Spoiler.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment