Tuesday 20 March 2007

Rant 036 / Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he'll whine about the lack of welfare

Recent discoveries made by me have led to my realization that I'm a deist when it comes to religions. On the side of philosophy in life, I'm an existentialist. I knew I couldn't be alone in my views but they're actually schools of philosophies!

What is Deism? Deism is a school of religious philosophy that basically says that there is really a supreme being(very similar to God) in charge of everything. Deists reject all religions that are based on any books.

While I disagree with certain points (afterlife, for example), there are many points in this school that I agree with, and some, I have already figured out before, and mentioned in previous rants. For example, I see reason as the tool, instead of faith, that helps us see the truths.

This sets deists apart from believers of Christianity and such, because they do not believe in religious miracles, prophecies and anything that is illogical. And what makes deists different from atheists is that atheists do not believe in any supreme being at all.

And existentialism? It is the view that every human being makes his or her own life's meaning. The existence of oneself is more important, more basic than any sort of meaning that may be ascribed to life. To make things short, Man defines reality.

Again, there are some points that I disagree with in this school(rejection of reason as the source of meaning, for one), but essentially what I see is that everyone creates his or her own purpose, and one is responsible for everything that is one decides to do. This is somewhat akin to Satanism in that Satanists(at least the Orthodox Church) believe that all people are their own God, and in the end, everyone only answers to themselves.




Honeydew milkshake is good! Especially if you make it yourself!



Studies have shown that 99.9% of all people who drinks water and breath air eventually contracts chronic Death.

1 comment:

  1. There is a 0.1% cohort who doesn't experience Death? Which study is this? =P - cq

    ReplyDelete