Monday 5 March 2007

Rant 032 / Cars Don't Kill People. The Medical Bills Do.

Monday. Not that it makes a big difference to me. Holiday ain't up yet. My games are running out.

I'm done with almost 2 of the campaigns in Supreme Commander and felt like trying out skirmishes with AI. I started a 3v3v2 match and my com started lagging badly in 2 mins. Gah!

This is bad! Plus both Dominions 3 and Europa Universalis 3 are boring compared to Supreme Commander! Too many details to watch all the time, whereas in Supreme Commander all I do is tech, tech, tech and SPAM SPAM SPAM!

Spam engineers at first and put like 20 engineers at each factory so that a Tech 3 bomber is produced from each factory every 2s!! That is SPEED!! Then in a few minutes all I need to do is swarm them all with my 200-300 bombers.

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US. YOU HAVE NO CHANCE TO SURVIVE MAKE YOUR TIME!

But... but... my com can't take even a simple 3v3v2 match!! Grrr..... I guess I will have to settle with 3v3 or 2v2v2.


Zonealarm is an excellent firewall! It is sooooo strict, it blocks cookies from my email access. I.e. I can't access my email account with it switched on. It also eats up a hell lot of resources. Therefore I usually switch it off unless I access new websites or open files I download.


My games are running out! Don't you get it? I will have to do something else to entertain myself whilst lazing around at home unless my mum needs help at work!

Well, all the way till my books that I ordered online arrives, that is. But they are still at the "Processing" stage! That may take up to a WEEK!!! And if the delivery period of 2-4 days are included, the time is JUST TOO LONG!!! 9 DAYS MIN!!! OMFG!! LOL!! But what can I do??

Only one thing - STUDY!! Horrors of horrors! To study during the holiday period is blasphemy! It ruins the sacred freedom that is HOLIDAY! But what choice do I have? What alternatives? None! That's right, none!

Of course, there's the inferior alternative of talking to people on MSN ( I don't chat on the phone for many reasons). Inferior because everyone is busy these days.

The girls are busy even on weekends! At least the interesting ones. Jeez.. Some of them even go to school everyday during their week-long break. But girls are girls. They are always more diligent than guys, somehow.

In some mysterious way they are able to face their books all day, everyday, and not feel as if something is missing from their lives. It is almost like they don't mind to have their studies as the purpose of their lives.

What is the point of studying so hard that you miss everything else? What is the point of landing in a job with an obscene salary and takes up all the time in your life?

Until one day at your retirement age, with your rheumatism, bad back, weak heart and poor digestion, you start to think about having fun. But you can't do it anymore, because what seemed fun to you no longer seem the same anymore.

Some of your close pals are already dead. Some are living overseas. Your kids are working like the way you did. Your spouse is looking for a part time job. So what's left? All your money, all your pension, all your insurance. Cool.

That's where you start to go to China to look for your ancestors' village like your grandparents did before you. Spend time in some boring old shit and get cheated by the whole forsaken village that claims to be your cousins, uncles, aunts and blah blah blah.

But hell, you'll probably return home without the thought of being cheated crossing your mind. Not even when the guy who sold you the local fruits raised the price 3 times for the 4 times you asked for the price. 'Cos you couldn't hear him right.

And all those good food that you missed, all those rides you never took, all those places you never could go to with your friends or only with your spouse. No more.

By the time you hit retirement age, sharks will probably be extinct. Oil prices will be hitting new heights. And many other things will have happened. You will never eat sharks' fins again. You may never be able to afford to fly again. You may never be able to eat heavy foods again. Who knows? Maybe Soylent Green will turn from fiction to fact in our lifetime!

So why leave to tomorrow what you can do today?

No comments:

Post a Comment