Friday 31 August 2012

Rant 1052 / Swag!



Korean swag!






















After washing, my two bandannas became slightly rectangular, likely due to the stretching done by the washing machine.

Regardless, that deformity can be hidden while I wear it since this is how I'm wearing it:



Half is folded diagonally underneath the other half. Except mine is a little too small, so I shouldn't use this style with that. Instead, I feel that it's better suited for this:



But while browsing through Google's selection of bandanna pics, I found this style that I haven't tried but I think I should.



Since my bandannas have turned rectangular, this might be even more suitable. I'll have to try it later.




Meanwhile, the multi-scarf has arrived. Apparently that's the name of the elastic cloth tube because that's what's printed on the packaging.

Worn as a skullcap, this is better than the bandanna since it's clings, making it feel tighter and safer. It may be because it's meant for smaller heads, and this is derived from the fact that there are several ways to be worn that feels too small for me, like the neck scarf style.

And if I'm going to wear a neck scarf, I'm definitely using the bandannas for it.

Too bad the sale was over last week. Now it's back to S$3.50 apiece from $2.50 that it was at for the whole of the last. Free delivery, but still, even with my 30+ coupons I won't get that kind of discount.

Together with the fact that I don't wear this all the time, I'm going to wait till the discount's back again.





















Strange that they aren't doing a western release of the Monster Hunter MMO. Wasn't Monster Hunter incredibly popular everywhere?

























Been using the heavily marketed Hairvolution products by Silkpro since yesterday.

Holy shit the tonic BURNS!

Previously I've used only the Damange Control shampoo and the conditioner, both in the form of single-use packet samples.

They felt good although I have no idea if they work.

My bro has been using the pretty well-known Keratase and he couldn't confirm if it works since like me, the problem is either mild or non-existent.

Regardless, I thought it's a good idea to try it before I know for sure, so I asked him to get some from me when he goes to NTUC or something.

That's also partly because I've just received two S$5 NTUC supermarket vouchers by filling in surveys at MyMailMoment.com. I haven't been going regularly but there were a few days last month when I was so bored filling surveys actually felt interesting.

I missed deadlines for several surveys that could have given me a lot more points but what I had was enough for the $10-worth of vouchers.

Turns out he thought of a better idea - Watsons.

On hindsight, all those pharmacies like that would have better chances of having them in stock.

So he bought the whole treatment I asked for - the shampoo, conditioner and tonic. The salesperson was nice enough to throw in four tiny 15ml tubes of L'oreal Charcoal Black Scrub facial cleanser. I really didn't need that but I have this suspicion that that was the best freebie the store could have offered me or my bro.

The shampoo and conditioner were exactly what they were like in the samples, so nothing new there.

The tonic is the expensive item.

The 630ml bottle of shampoo cost $16.90, the 200ml conditioner $7.90, but the 50ml glass bottle of sacred tonic cost a S$28.90.

That tonic was so precious, it came with the nozzle detached plus a safety cap for the nozzle in the box.

Upon use, IT BURNS!

At first, it burns the nose. Spraying it on my hair makes all the air in my bathroom unsafe for breathing. Note that my nose couldn't feel anything a month ago when my doctor sprayed something inside my sinus, and I have yet to receive treatment.

This tonic burns so bad, I get to get out of the bathroom to breathe.

However, it could have been a bad idea to spray 6 times around my head. When I sprayed only 4 times just now, it wasn't as terrible.

Since this whole set is so expensive, I'm only going to use it once a day in the evening. Other times, I'm sticking with the shampoo bar I recently bought and the conditioner my bro no longer wants.

Whether the new Silkpro products work, who knows? I don't even know for sure if I have a hair problem in the first place!


























Started cleaning stuff with warm water. Without a thermometer, I don't know where 60 degrees Celsius is but I just mixed boiled water with warm water from my shower till it's too hot for my feet but tolerable with my hands.

Planned to pack up my mother's room tomorrow but I have things to do then, like going for the SAFRA roadshow and going to work.

I was advised to do it ASAP and I'm still dragging.

I'm dragging so many things. But she was right in many ways. Now that both my parents are gone, none of my relatives are in this country and without a religion, I have literally nobody to answer to, nothing to work for. My life has absolutely no meaning.

I knew the online shopping fix is only a temporary measure, a sign that something is wrong that needs a more permanent solution.

Will it work?

No comments:

Post a Comment