Tuesday 21 August 2012

Rant 1047 / I Did Not Know That Spawn Karthus Was Possible



This is hilarious.Just makes me feel like reinstalling LoL.





















They may be developing Fallout 4 now!

Rumours have it that Bethesda employees are researching the Boston area including MIT, which is just across a river from Boston.

Fuck yes!!!






















Bandannas. I ordered them.

Found some tube masks on Qoo10 that were going for S$3.50 (now $2.50 just for this week) with free shipping, so I ordered one. Not sure if it's called a "tube mask" since the Korean store called it "Headwear Neck Bandana Multi Scarf Tube Mask Neck Warmer". Being a cloth tube, I thought that "tube mask" sounds like the real name except there's no such thing on Google.

So whatever.

Ordered one of those because I've been tying towels around my head during my workouts and found them highly effective. It's like a sports band but uglier and more cost-effective.

The idea here is to see if I'd feel ok wearing it outside. Of course, I'm going to test it out at work before that.

Also almost bought some bandannas from Rakuten. After making the order, I realized I had made a terrible decision and emailed them to cancel it. Fortunately I had chosen to pay by Paypal, and for some reason Rakuten doesn't charge the money immediately if I chose that mode of payment.

Instead, I was supposed to wait for an email with a link to it... I think. Rakuten has some horrrendous translation for its English site and not everything is made very clear.

Cancelled it because I found that I could just get them from Amazon, which can offer me cheaper prices overall.

Too bad even that is a little expensive. The best I could find in terms of both quality and quantity was a dozen black paisley 22" by 22" single-sided bandannas for around US$35 total shipping included via ComGateway, which is cheaper than VPost.

This was cheaper than the Japanese order by a lot (Japanese shipping was S$30 and that's using the promotional discount by the forwarder, Tenso) because for S$40 I could only get like 5-6 bandannas, but the Amazon order still wasn't cheap enough for something of such low importance.

In the end I decided to try my luck with the smaller 49cm by 49cm bandannas on Qoo10 being sold for S$6.20 apiece with free shipping.

Kinda worried that they may be too small but at worst, some of my handkerchiefs are fading anyway.

If both work the same, I'll get the tube since it's far cheaper.




















I was right - the coconut milk should only be added just before serving the curry.

I'm adding the curry paste into a chicken broth made with the bones from my chicken breasts, then boiling the potatoes in it. I only add the chicken when the potatoes are cooked, since the only way a potato can be overcooked in that is if it's dissolved. I test them by poking random cubes with a chopstick, so it's not as bad as waiting till the corners are rounded or something which I did consider previously.

But my previous attempt was not very successful because I added the coconut milk together with the paste right at the beginning, causing the chicken pieces and potatoes to lack that curry flavour inside.

The effect is the same as adding milk to coffee - not only does it do what it's intended to do, it also covers up the flavours of the original mixture to some degree.

This time, my curry is pretty damn good, but still not as fantastic as the stuff the Indonesians sell at the food centre nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment