Sunday 26 August 2012

Rant 1050 / To GW2 Or Not To GW2?

Ever since I started looking at Qoo10 regularly I noticed that most of the products offered at discounted prices on various Singaporean Groupon clones are actually exactly the same items offered on Qoo10.

I see what they're doing. I pity the fools who had ever bought from those sites. At least on Qoo10 I can grab free coupons everywhere and get a further discount of a dollar or two.

























MFW I've been making my passwords so complex I forgot my FB password (among others) after not logging in for quite some time. I've actually had to hack my own account with brute force attack until FB told me to cool down and take a break.

Then I reset my password to something similarly complex before I could log in.

























Sashimi.

I thought this seriously fatty belly cut would make some fantastic sashimi, then at dinner I got hit by an overdose of Omega 3.

Seriously, some of the slices had more white than orange.

Next time, I'm mincing it and making simple salmon don.

Then again, maybe not. The bones are hard to detect in cuts like this because sometimes the bones may be long enough that the very tips can reach this part of the belly. I couldn't find any by simply feeling the entire slice but I found one tiny piece while slicing. That was luck.

After two consecutive days of salmon sashimi (the first night was much leaner salmon), I also realized it's possible to slice sashimi without removing the skin first.

By accident, I found that I could cut downwards till I find resistance from the very tough skin, then push the knife sideways and tilt the knife a little as I continue the slicing motion.

This does make some ugly slices when I do not keep the knife perfectly even but it's way easier than simply removing the skin, a task that's far easier said than done.























Watched my bro play GW2. Pre-purchases come with 3 days of early access in addition to the likely discounted price, so he's been playing that the whole day.

Looks nice, sounds nice.

But it's US$60, and I'm not sure if I can make it worth my money.

D:





















Came to the conclusion that it's too hard to order deliveries only once a week when I know I can afford it. I can cook but I get tired of cooking every so often. Cooking in bulk works but it's boring.

So I decided that I have to do it twice a week again and ordered Mad Jack just now.

Bad burgers.

Despite the prices, it will be a long time before I call that number again.

Ordered the 5-patty burgers, a beef and a chicken, and both had bland meat patties.

Whatever they used as a filling, they are using way too much of it, so much so that I can barely tell whether it's supposed to be chicken patties or chicken-flavoured filling patties.

Ugh, even the too-lean patties that I make taste better. I'd even go as far as to say that MCD has the better-tasting patties, regardless of what some have been saying about their ingredients.
























Even I noticed I've been describing more spending and less saving.

This is a worry.

It may even be possible that this is as low as I can go, and the only way to loosen the tighting gap between my income and expenditure is to raise the former instead of mainly lowering the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment