Sunday 19 August 2012

Rant 1045 / Bed Bugs Are My Main Source Of Protein


Wait till they discover that Nazi Germany was the first host country to broadcast the Olympics on TV.






















A court in the US has just allowed a private company to patent human genes. It has begun.























Soft pillows are too soft.











Curry is another convenient food that can be cooked in bulk.

It's so convenient, I'm about to make a second batch soon.

I think it's so awesome not only because it can be cooked in bulk but also because it can be stretched.

Oh yes, it's one of the few dishes I can cook decently that can be stretched.

At first, it's just simply following the instructions on the back except with a lot more coconut milk. I do that because I bought a 1-litre pack only to realise I don't have much use for it.

I don't make melon sago dessert all the time, and that milk has got to go somewhere soon.

And I used present tense there because I still have around 200ml left in that pack for the next batch of curry.

Anyways, when the curry is half gone, I add more water and salt to it. It's nowhere as fantastic as before but it still works.

It's basically converting a small amount of good curry into that watery yellow liquid they pass for curry at our mixed rice stalls. Both are edible, and with enough potatoes and some random vegetables, the latter works decently too.

Chicken breasts work but not very well in curry. In the end, I have to admit that the limits of the versatility of chicken breasts seem to end here.

I mean, it's ok in the original curry but unless you like overboiled chicken breasts, they just don't belong in a pot of "stretched" curry.

Chicken thighs, though, that's a whole different story. I can cook them in curry, store the whole pot in the fridge overnight, and they still taste good the next day, or even two days later.

That's clearly why each thigh costs as much as a whole breast (as in both sides).

Potatoes are another part of good curries. Heck, they probably belong in ALL curries. They even go well in the "stretched" curry I made. Seriously, the only bad thing about them is that they're not meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment