Tuesday 15 May 2012

Rant 996 / Nonsensical Farcical Fraudulent Act

























Just another day in Skyrim.



















Watched Limitless. The plot had more holes than a sieve.

Nice movie, yes, but I couldn't stand the mistakes that the "supergenius" made.

For one, he didn't search nor create a source of those pills immediately?

What?

That's like getting the three wishes from the genie in the lamp and not wishing for an infinite number of wishes forever as the first wish!

Not to mention he didn't really try to make it a secret at all other than by not mentioning it.

Second, he saw everything but not his dwindling personal stash of pills nor that something was wrong the first time something happened?

Third, he didn't do anything about the murder.

And there were some other mistakes that were less annoying.

Other than his mistakes, Van Loon closing the lab instead of using it for himself was incredibly stupid for someone like him.

The worst problem was probably the fact that the entire movie was built upon these mistakes. If they didn't commit any of these, this movie wouldn't be worth crap.

Still it was a very entertaining film.


















Towns v0.46 feels like a much better game but the trees are a major issue.

They die too quickly.

It's easy to get an unending supply of trees but planted trees don't spawn bushes, leading to a map-wide bush extinction within months every time.

One major issue that still irks me is the absence of a town alert or something. There was once when I had a siege by only a few giant spiders that can be easily dispatched by the five soldiers I had.

Then they all went to sleep when the spiders arrived.

Awesome timing, seriously.

Better still, they all went back to the patrol point I set at the entrance when they got out of bed and ignored the great battle that my civilians were valiantly fighting in within the town.

When the spiders arrived, I had 8 civilians and 5 soldiers. By the time the spiders were dead, I had 3 civilians and 5 soldiers.

Good thing I armed every single one of my civilians with basic stone weapons at least.



Fortunately immigrants eventually arrived before another siege came, and I managed to grow the town to the 16 civilians and 5 soldiers I have now.

The game still moves slowly but I can handle this.

















I'm so glad I have a blog. I know I'm slowly going mad but not having this blog would have sped things up.

A lot of people say they are alone, but how many really are?

I, on the other hand, am truly alone. The person who cares about me the most now, other than my brother, is a buyer. Too much money between us for me to ever trust her till she's retired.

My brother, I cannot burden him with my problems. He's got enough of his own, surely. A newly graduated young man with a degree that's not popular among employers and a girlfriend who appears to be destined for a far better career than his, not to mention his own personal issues.

He's got his hands full as it is.

Among my relatives, I can only trust my maternal aunts who are now spread around the world, and the distantly related group living over in Malaysia.

Personally I think it's fucked up to know that it is impossible to trust my uncles, especially the one I used to like the most when I was small. As I grew up, I learnt that they are all greedy fools, though none of them are as bad as my paternal relatives, all of whom are no longer in contact with us.

And that's all the people I know whom I can put any degree of trust in, people who have shown sincerity through action during the last few months and not simply with that "If you need help just ask" BS that all my uncles gave me.

Speaking of my uncles, I think some of them wanted to know if I was doing well in my business like my mum did so that they could make money off me like they used to with her. Hopefully I ended this nonsense when I tried to make them feel guilty as fuck.

All I did was reveal the fact that the goods from one of them never got sold but my mum still gave him money telling him it was the profits from the sales, and that I have no idea if she did the same for the rest. In addition, I told the uncle who visited us that I'm now desperately trying to push those goods out at incredibly low prices in order to make space. Word should spread; they're brothers after all. I only hope they're human enough to feel guilt from this and stop trying to think of ways to get money from us.

Those problems, whether they like it or not, ended with my mother.



Anyways, hence my blog.

Contrary to what you may believe, I do put in 90% of my honesty here, except not all of it is visible and explicitly stated.

My blog will never help me in anything simply because I will never reveal my identity here, nor do I expect anyone to hire a private investigator just for that, which is theoretically the only way to accomplish this without my consent.

It does, however, allow me to rant on random subjects that nobody is really interested in without bothering anyone. Get things off my chest, y'know.

The problem with anonymity, other than the above, is that my words hold no weight by themselves. If they're good, nobody cares. If they're bad, same. It's something I've accepted long ago that I feel protects me from the consequences of making inflammatory remarks I tend to make once in a while when I'm particularly annoyed.

Bad rep usually clings on for far longer than good rep.

No comments:

Post a Comment