Sunday 6 November 2011

Rant 888 / The Most Auspicious Rant Ever Unless I Publish Another 8000 Rants

Terraria is a pretty fun game. More things to do than I expected.

Initially I thought it would be like a crappy 2D version of Minecraft but there's strong RPG feel to it. For example you can kill monsters for materials to make armour with and there are different armour sets for each type of material, most of which can be found in the ground.

First I built a tower with dirt blocks. Turned out to be quite awesome because the grass and vines grew onto it and now the tower is almost completely green except for a few parts where stone and glass were used.

After building a few rooms and a large floating platform for plants to grow on, which I now call the "Sky Garden", at a height I thought was sufficient, I realized the sky was the true limit.

So I raised it further till it reached the very top of the Huge-sized world.

When that was done, I jumped off and realized it would be awesome if I didn't just land on the "sea-level".

So I extended the bottom of the tower to the Underworld zone at the very bottom of the world.

Took a long time and it's still incomplete. The bottom is merely at the top of the Underworld where the sea of lava is still not visible yet.

The fall is very long though.

After this, I'll probably adjust my tower so that I can fall from the top of the world to the very bottom. It's going to be a long, long, long way down.

As for armour, I'm trying to get hellstone to replace my silver stuff. Skipped gold. Not worth the effort when hellstone and obsidian are easier to find. It's boring to dig randomly to search for gold deposits.

In fact I really dislike hunting for Demonite back then, but I didn't have a choice. The only alternative was to kill the Eye of Cthulhu, which I could only do with help from friends. Even then we still failed once.

While reading the Terraria wiki on the metals I was finding, I learnt of things I could explore that I didn't expect, like the Dungeon entrance guarded by the Skeletron and the underground jungle.

Looks like I won't get bored of this game for quite a while.












The Greeks are full of shit.

Anyway, why does everyone hate his/her own country?

I think we humans are still adapting to the massive amounts of knowledge our technologies are giving us. Right now, we still know too much about each other and need to adapt.

People have always been this disgusting. In some ways, people used to be much worse. It's just that news didn't travel nor spread this quickly until the radio was invented in the 19th century, so people didn't know so much about everyone else.

Not to mention the absence of the ubiquitous camera and the paparazzi back then.














I guess the thing I miss most is the sense of security of having someone I can always count on to handle anything I can't/don't.

It was the same for my mum when my father passed away.

The fact that she is leaving is not as bad as the fact that I now can only depend on myself. There is nobody acting as my safety net from now on.

I've long prepared myself mentally for her death; I just didn't expect this independence to hit me as hard as it did.

Visited her today. For some reason my bro didn't yesterday after I got back from accompanying her there, even after I told him to go visit her while she's still herself.

Didn't seem too different today, fortunately. I guess they're reducing the dosage really gradually, or maybe the condition just worsens at an increasing rate.

I've been with her far more than I used to when she was fine.

I guess people are like cups - they can only contain this much of any emotion. You can't make a person insanely happy for years, then give him shit for the rest of his life even though it would even out.

Emotions don't work like that.

Same with me and her.

Even if I've been a very good son before, it doesn't make it right for me to stop seeing her now.

In fact, it doesn't even matter how good or bad I used to be. All it matters is what I do now.

I don't think I'm being very clear, but I don't care.

It was a little confusing when I first arrived.

There was this large group of people in the ward, some of whom were talking to her.

One was sitting next to her, a middle-aged lady in a black dress with incredibly thick makeup. Then there was this younger lady standing next to her in a white top and light green short skirt.

When I saw her face, I only thought," Whoa! Must be her apprentice."

To be honest, even with their powder-masks on, I can see why they did it to such an extent.

Apparently these people were masseurs doing volunteer work in the hospice. Nice people. Friendly, trusting. The lady in black even left her bag in the chair when she left to give us some privacy.

Unfortunately if my mum's memory is still normal, a hospice is still not a safe place. It seems she witnessed someone stealing some kind of card in the dark at night, probably an ATM card, and returning it in the early morning.

The only thing she has now that's worth anything is her old HTC phone.













No comments:

Post a Comment