Friday 4 February 2011

Rant 719 / Run Like A Son Of A Gun!

Starting to use cane sugar in my coffee. I once heard it's better than white sugar but now I think it's just personal preference. I did taste some difference yesterday though when I tried it black with the cane sugar. There was a slight cane sugar aroma when I drank it black.

When I tried it with creamer today, there was absolutely no trace of that aroma. Milk is to coffee as chemo is to the body of a cancer patient - it kills the taste of whatever you have in the coffee, including the acidity which is my actual aim by adding the milk/creamer and including all the other flavours and aromas.

I just don't like black because most coffee I get taste sour (aka acidic) but that's the best way to really taste the coffee. Just to make things clear, to enjoy a coffee doesn't necessarily mean you have to sense everything it has to offer. You just need to taste and smell what you like.

Apparently I can avoid that acidic taste by buying darker roasts but that means more bitterness instead. Still, the current brand I'm using has a pretty low level of acidity TBH. It's this Dutch brand "Moccona" and this jar's coffee is called "Mystique".

My mum bought this while shopping with a friend who recommended this coffee to her. She claimed all her kids loved it.

I'll have to say I'm no coffee connoisseur since other than the lower acidity and higher price, I cannot tell any other difference between this and my memory of Nescafe Gold.

As for the cane sugar, it came in the form of bars that are normally used to make soup desserts. It was used as offerings and after that, since we don't normally make desserts at home, I thought it was a waste to throw it away.

Made a lot of noise cracking the bars into smaller chunks using the handle of a cleaver but it worked. A hammer would have worked too but the one we have at home is rusty.

The chunks take time to dissolve, so I now have to keep an utensil (eg knife, fork, whatever) in the cup to keep stirring it in my room.











According to Chinese traditions, it's not advisable to work today, the first day of the Chinese New Year. So I'm forced to play all day.



My bro went to his gf's very early in the morning when she told him he can go even though her family is still in mourning (one of her grandmothers passed away recently). For much of the evening, the families outside were busy. All the grandkids of the elderly couple next door were here I think, and the noise they made outside at the lift lobby penetrated the two doors between them and me.

As for myself,

At Vegas with a red 1st Recon Beret, Lightweight Metal Armour and a modified Laser RCW


One of the new radio mods I downloaded kept crashing the game though, and it was the mod whose songs I prefer since they're more related to atomic bombs which, in turn, were very related to the theme of the game, like the one above.

One thing I just learnt this run is that there is a usable rail service between McCarran and the Strip for NCR members. I couldn't get there because they kept shooting me when I go near the door in my first run, most likely due to a bug since I didn't patch it then. It's nothing impressive but just something interesting that I missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment